Thread: AMMO

Regular Member 2ndammendmentbrotha's Avatar

Post imported post

Hello all. I would like to know if anyone elsehas had jamming issues or ftf,fte with Sellier & Bellot 40s&w? I recently shot 100Winchester White Boxwithsome rapid fire with no problems at all. Then I bought a box of Sellier & Bellot and had three malfunctions out of 50 rounds plus that red primer sealant was a real *uther*ucker to scrub out of my gun. Up to that point my sw40ve had performed flawlessly with many types and brands of ammo.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

What style of bullet is the S&B .40S&W ammo?

Regular Member 2ndammendmentbrotha's Avatar

Post imported post

180gr fmj

Post imported post

Not every brand/style of ammo will work in every gun. You gotta just try it in your specific gun and see if it works. The rounds may be within spec and still not work...or vice versa. My DW CBob will eat any .45acp under the sun...including some reloadeds there were well outside of spec.

Post imported post

I have never used S&B in .40 cal, but have used it in .357, 9MM and .45 ACP FMJ,JHP in 9 and it has always functioned in my pistols. I currently carry S&B 115 grn. JHP in my P-11 for SD ammo and it has feed and functioned 100%. Good expansion too, in 1 gal. water jugs. Just my personal experinence. I think it is slightly warmer than a lot of American made ammo in some calibers and in 9MM, with a small pistol, this is to my advantage.

Post imported post

CUrrrrrrT! I thought you told your wife NOT to put the guns in the dryer when she washed them! :what: