• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AMMO

2ndammendmentbrotha

imported post

Hello all. I would like to know if anyone elsehas had jamming issues or ftf,fte with Sellier & Bellot 40s&w? I recently shot 100Winchester White Boxwithsome rapid fire with no problems at all. Then I bought a box of Sellier & Bellot and had three malfunctions out of 50 rounds plus that red primer sealant was a real *uther*ucker to scrub out of my gun. Up to that point my sw40ve had performed flawlessly with many types and brands of ammo.

sevenplusone

imported post

Not every brand/style of ammo will work in every gun. You gotta just try it in your specific gun and see if it works. The rounds may be within spec and still not work...or vice versa. My DW CBob will eat any .45acp under the sun...including some reloadeds there were well outside of spec.

curtm1911

imported post

I have never used S&B in .40 cal, but have used it in .357, 9MM and .45 ACP FMJ,JHP in 9 and it has always functioned in my pistols. I currently carry S&B 115 grn. JHP in my P-11 for SD ammo and it has feed and functioned 100%. Good expansion too, in 1 gal. water jugs. Just my personal experinence. I think it is slightly warmer than a lot of American made ammo in some calibers and in 9MM, with a small pistol, this is to my advantage.

Pat-inCO

imported post

CUrrrrrrT! I thought you told your wife NOT to put the guns in the dryer when she washed them! :what: