• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intrduction and question

flybynyt

imported post

I have been lurking here for a few weeks and have really enjoyed the site. I am from Vancouver and have been caring concealed for about 22 years.
I have always been under the impression that when i have my pistol concealed, that if it is seen in any way i can be charged for displaying, or printing. what are the facts on this issue.?

Thanks

FMCDH

imported post

Welcome to OCDO!

Please check the FAQ section before beginning your life on the forums. It will assist us and you with a common set of understood laws and references.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/15411.html

Also, please read the RCW 9.41 section, as it is the "wellspring" from wince it all flows, and familiarity with them will get you far, both here and in the real world.

Bobarino

imported post

welcome!

in a nutshell, you are in no (legal) danger of arrest if you print or inadvertently expose your pistol. there are no such laws regarding either to violate.

the only part you need to worry about is this part of RCW 9.41.270 which reads:

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

in other words, don't draw your gun in public unless your life depends on it, don't threaten anyone with it etc. use common sense and all will be well. accidental exposure is often unwanted on your part but can get you in no legal trouble give that you're following all other applicable laws.

flybynyt

imported post

Thanks for the reply's. Answered my questions in full..
Have never open carried before, but after reading these forum posts, I will. Sure would be more comfortable at times. I have CC for a long time but have never found it very comfortable.
it's nice to have found a site that relates to my neck of the woods... :)

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome aboard !! - glad you found us :)

- Great info with this group. i was same as you prior to finding the site, and have learned so much from everyone here.

:cool:Bat

amzbrady

imported post

Welcome, you will find that we at times will either agree or disagree on topics, but I would like to think that we all have fun being here while we learn. I know I do.