Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man unloads 58 guns at Compton weapons exchange (LA TIMES)

Post imported post

i can't wait to see what you all have to say about this!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,7069673.story

Post imported post

allisonjean wrote:

I think I see seven Colt AR's in the frame. Could someone verify?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

allisonjean wrote:

Instead of hoarding beanie babies, he hoards guns.

I'm waiting for them to hold one of these in Beverly Hills, or maybe Coronado Island.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

The first words that came to my mouth during and after reading this was "Holy F***-Stick."

But they were surprised at the man who pulled up in a sport utility vehicle with 58 guns
    That is just disgusting.

I think about that guy from the movie Office Space; "What the hell is wrong with you people?"

As is the policy for such events, deputies asked no questions and eagerly took the guns. They don't know the man's name, and the donor declined to comment to The Times.
    Yeah right. Someone took a picture of the license plate, I'm sure of it and they're going to look it up. It's human nature. It is also nice to know that gangsters have a sure-fire way to dispose of weapons that they may have used in crimes. Great job gun-abolishers.

"There were a lot of the kind of weapons used in robberies. We don't know his identity. We don't know if he is a gun dealer or what."
    And now you'll never know if they were used in any of those unsolved open cases or cold cases or any robberies.

"That should feed someone for a year or two," said Lt. Anthony Lucia.
    If that was your concern, you would have told them to go sell the rifles to a respectable collector if you wanted them off the street too. This guy could eat for far longer than a year or two, settle some debt.

My God, you know what, I give up. These people make me physically sick.

Post imported post

I would like to hear how many weapons pop as stolen or used in a crime. Those are statistics I'm sure wont be given voluntarily.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

Those "assault rifles" are actually Jaeger AP-74s. They are .22LR rifles from the 70's made to look like the old M16A1s. They are not assault weapons under California law.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

wewd wrote:
    Those "assault rifles" are actually Jaeger AP-74s. They are .22LR rifles from the 70's made to look like the old M16A1s. They are not assault weapons under California law.
    Yup. Here's a pretty good picture of them:

Post imported post

My guess is that the rifles were at one time used by the ROTC or a militatry school, until the anti-gun crowd bitched about it.

The guy either got a good deal on them or he works for the institution that wanted to get rid of them.

Post imported post

"thats 58 guns off the street"

makes me sick to hear that. There are still criminals on the street.. this does nothing to stop crime. A gun doesn't make someone a criminal.A criminal will always find a tool to aid in a crime.

Cops act like they are supercops like that movie Minority Report.. dropping in from the sky stopping every crime in progress. That just does not happen!!! The Bill of Rights secured our right to bear arms for a reason.

I want to puke.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Something is not right here. Nobody turns in 58 guns for gift cards. In the background I hear the shout of a short little bald man saying "Inconceivable!"

I smell a rat.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

I just spent some timestudying reference pictures of Armi Jager and Mitchell Arms AR-15 lookalike .22 rifles. None of themresemble what's being displayed at this buyback. In regards to what is posted above, look at the lack of fire controls switches and charging handles, not to mention the fakey-looking finish of the receivers.

Somebody's tryin' to fool somebody else here,what was turned in appear to beprophouse moviefaux rifles, not the real thing.

Post imported post

wewd wrote:
    Those magazines look a little large for .22 cal.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Is someone in a position to request to examine these rifles before they are destroyed?

I would be absolutely appalled if they were indeed fake.

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    wewd wrote:
    Those magazines look a little large for .22 cal.
    The "magazines" are part of the magwell. The actual magazines are skinny 15 round stick mags. I saw the news piece on this from channel 7, and their reporter even said they were .22 cal.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

Well, google up some pix of the Jaeger AP-74's and have a look see, comparing them to what is displayed from Compton. Maybe they took out the charging handles?

Post imported post

I'm pretty sure I can make out the Jager logo on the pistol grips in the picture I posted. They are definately missing charging handles...who knows if they even have BCGs. Maybe that's how they were 'made safe' by the LEOs

Here are some decent picks of aslightly modernised version.

http://www.freewebs.com/socal_websho...ager_ap-74.htm

Post imported post

mjones wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I can make out the Jager logo on the pistol grips in the picture I posted. They are definately missing charging handles...who knows if they even have BCGs. Maybe that's how they were 'made safe' by the LEOs

Here are some decent picks of aslightly modernised version.

http://www.freewebs.com/socal_websho...ager_ap-74.htm
    All the pins and screws are in the same place, the machining looks the same, and the way the pistol grip pinches in at the top looks the same.

I'd say that's a pretty good match. Good eye, wewd. Good find, mjones.

Post imported post

Post imported post

another way for the government to try and disarm americans its a shame

Post imported post

The gun buyback is indeed a great evil. The gun buy back conditions the general public into thinking that turning in guns to agents of the state is a good and proper thing to do.

When I visited the Chesapeake Gun Buyback to get a good deal by buying from those in line in front of the police station, I got a chill, the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. The event was clearly a huge step on the road to tyranny.Gun Buy Backsare pure evil and very un-American.

Hopefully we will see legislation that outlaws government participation in these evil events in many states.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

It's an interesting little catch phrase they use for these gun buy back events.

"We want to get these guns off the street so they don't fall into the hands of crinimals." What a crock! Maybe if they put the crinimals in prision, it wouldn't be a problem. Most lawbreakers have a prior offense. Three strikes are too many. Life isn't a ball game.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    It's an interesting little catch phrase they use for these gun buy back events.

"We want to get these guns off the street so they don't fall into the hands of crinimals." What a crock! Maybe if they put the crinimals in prision, it wouldn't be a problem. Most lawbreakers have a prior offense. Three strikes are too many. Life isn't a ball game.
    Playboy magazine actually did a good article on California prison system, How they actually have alot of pull in state policy etc. One thing Gov. Terminator vowed to do was to fix that, but they had so much pull and power nothing he could do.

Not that I am in favor of this liberal gov. masquerading as a conservative.

I am drooling over those .22 (if that is what they are) my kids and myself would love to have fun with those.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I believe it would be a very good idea and also a follow-up news story, if someone with press credentials would get in touch with LASO and ask to see the guns that were turned in by "Mr. 58".

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

yelohamr wrote:
    I believe it would be a very good idea and also a follow-up news story, if someone with press credentials would get in touch with LASO and ask to see the guns that were turned in by "Mr. 58".
    Ok Ed that would be you.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Or Allison, she's closer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast