• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man unloads 58 guns at Compton weapons exchange (LA TIMES)

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The first words that came to my mouth during and after reading this was "Holy F***-Stick."

But they were surprised at the man who pulled up in a sport utility vehicle with 58 guns

That is just disgusting.

I think about that guy from the movie Office Space; "What the hell is wrong with you people?"

As is the policy for such events, deputies asked no questions and eagerly took the guns. They don't know the man's name, and the donor declined to comment to The Times.

Yeah right. Someone took a picture of the license plate, I'm sure of it and they're going to look it up. It's human nature. It is also nice to know that gangsters have a sure-fire way to dispose of weapons that they may have used in crimes. Great job gun-abolishers.

"There were a lot of the kind of weapons used in robberies. We don't know his identity. We don't know if he is a gun dealer or what."

And now you'll never know if they were used in any of those unsolved open cases or cold cases or any robberies.

"That should feed someone for a year or two," said Lt. Anthony Lucia.

If that was your concern, you would have told them to go sell the rifles to a respectable collector if you wanted them off the street too. This guy could eat for far longer than a year or two, settle some debt.

My God, you know what, I give up. These people make me physically sick.

chewy352

imported post

I would like to hear how many weapons pop as stolen or used in a crime. Those are statistics I'm sure wont be given voluntarily.

wewd

imported post

Those "assault rifles" are actually Jaeger AP-74s. They are .22LR rifles from the 70's made to look like the old M16A1s. They are not assault weapons under California law.

mjones

imported post

wewd wrote:
Those "assault rifles" are actually Jaeger AP-74s. They are .22LR rifles from the 70's made to look like the old M16A1s. They are not assault weapons under California law.

Yup. Here's a pretty good picture of them:

51342018.jpg

yelohamr

imported post

My guess is that the rifles were at one time used by the ROTC or a militatry school, until the anti-gun crowd bitched about it.

The guy either got a good deal on them or he works for the institution that wanted to get rid of them.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

"thats 58 guns off the street"

makes me sick to hear that. There are still criminals on the street.. this does nothing to stop crime. A gun doesn't make someone a criminal.A criminal will always find a tool to aid in a crime.

Cops act like they are supercops like that movie Minority Report.. dropping in from the sky stopping every crime in progress. That just does not happen!!! The Bill of Rights secured our right to bear arms for a reason.

I want to puke.

Brian D.

imported post

I just spent some timestudying reference pictures of Armi Jager and Mitchell Arms AR-15 lookalike .22 rifles. None of themresemble what's being displayed at this buyback. In regards to what is posted above, look at the lack of fire controls switches and charging handles, not to mention the fakey-looking finish of the receivers.

Somebody's tryin' to fool somebody else here,what was turned in appear to beprophouse moviefaux rifles, not the real thing.

Gundude

imported post

wewd wrote:
Those magazines look a little large for .22 cal.

wewd

imported post

Gundude wrote:
wewd wrote:
Those magazines look a little large for .22 cal.

The "magazines" are part of the magwell. The actual magazines are skinny 15 round stick mags. I saw the news piece on this from channel 7, and their reporter even said they were .22 cal.

Brian D.

imported post

Well, google up some pix of the Jaeger AP-74's and have a look see, comparing them to what is displayed from Compton. Maybe they took out the charging handles?

KBCraig

imported post

mjones wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can make out the Jager logo on the pistol grips in the picture I posted. They are definately missing charging handles...who knows if they even have BCGs. Maybe that's how they were 'made safe' by the LEOs

Here are some decent picks of aslightly modernised version.

http://www.freewebs.com/socal_webshooters/jager_ap-74.htm
All the pins and screws are in the same place, the machining looks the same, and the way the pistol grip pinches in at the top looks the same.

I'd say that's a pretty good match. Good eye, wewd. Good find, mjones.

Thundar

imported post

The gun buyback is indeed a great evil. The gun buy back conditions the general public into thinking that turning in guns to agents of the state is a good and proper thing to do.

When I visited the Chesapeake Gun Buyback to get a good deal by buying from those in line in front of the police station, I got a chill, the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. The event was clearly a huge step on the road to tyranny.Gun Buy Backsare pure evil and very un-American.

Hopefully we will see legislation that outlaws government participation in these evil events in many states.