• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man unloads 58 guns at Compton weapons exchange (LA TIMES)

Gundude

imported post

It's an interesting little catch phrase they use for these gun buy back events.

"We want to get these guns off the street so they don't fall into the hands of crinimals." What a crock! Maybe if they put the crinimals in prision, it wouldn't be a problem. Most lawbreakers have a prior offense. Three strikes are too many. Life isn't a ball game.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Gundude wrote:
It's an interesting little catch phrase they use for these gun buy back events.

"We want to get these guns off the street so they don't fall into the hands of crinimals." What a crock! Maybe if they put the crinimals in prision, it wouldn't be a problem. Most lawbreakers have a prior offense. Three strikes are too many. Life isn't a ball game.

Playboy magazine actually did a good article on California prison system, How they actually have alot of pull in state policy etc. One thing Gov. Terminator vowed to do was to fix that, but they had so much pull and power nothing he could do.

Not that I am in favor of this liberal gov. masquerading as a conservative.

I am drooling over those .22 (if that is what they are) my kids and myself would love to have fun with those.

yelohamr

imported post

I believe it would be a very good idea and also a follow-up news story, if someone with press credentials would get in touch with LASO and ask to see the guns that were turned in by "Mr. 58".

sudden valley gunner

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
I believe it would be a very good idea and also a follow-up news story, if someone with press credentials would get in touch with LASO and ask to see the guns that were turned in by "Mr. 58".
Ok Ed that would be you.....:lol:

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thundar wrote:
The gun buyback is indeed a great evil. The gun buy back conditions the general public into thinking that turning in guns to agents of the state is a good and proper thing to do.

When I visited the Chesapeake Gun Buyback to get a good deal by buying from those in line in front of the police station, I got a chill, the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. The event was clearly a huge step on the road to tyranny.Gun Buy Backsare pure evil and very un-American.

Hopefully we will see legislation that outlaws government participation in these evil events in many states.
I hope no one tries a gun buy back program in North Carolina, but if they do, I would do my best to get there and find some deals and educate the people onwhy what they are doing is wrong.

Palecon

imported post

Un-Freaking believable, several thousand $ in gift cards, has that been confirmed.

What IF one of those guns murdered an innocent and now the prime piece of evidence is now destroyed. This is worse than disgusting.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PaleoCon wrote:
Un-Freaking believable, several thousand $ in gift cards, has that been confirmed.

What IF one of those guns murdered an innocent and now the prime piece of evidence is now destroyed. This is worse than disgusting.

That question was brought regarding a previous program that took place recently in California. The policy was, no ID, no questions asked. Its as if it were a moment of grace to legally get rid of a gun that was used in a crime. One could think of this as a win-win for anti-gun advocates being that any of us that argues about the guns possibly being used in a crime as a reason to keep guns out of citizens hands. Perhaps I am wrong, I just don't like the ultimate idea behind buy-back programs.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

It would have to be an exceptionally stupid criminal to use this "event" to dispose of a gun used in a crime.
Especially living half a mile from the largest body of water on the planet.