• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good news to read , about our rights !

wewd

imported post

I'm still waiting for the "Made in Montana" tax-free suppressors and select fire weapons.

NightOwl

imported post

If I were to travel to a state with such laws passed, bought a firearm there, and traveled with it myself back to my home state...would it thus circumvent federal laws passed via the commerce clause, since the weapon didn't move in interstate commerce?

Not that I'll be able to afford cross country trips for a nice new pistol any time soon, but it's just a thought.

wewd

imported post

By traveling from your home state to buy the object in another state, you have made the object move in and affected interstate commerce. Congress has the power to regulate such a transaction. In order for the object to remain out of federal jurisdiction, it would have to remain in its state of origin forever.

coolusername2007

imported post

wewd wrote:
By traveling from your home state to buy the object in another state, you have made the object move in and affected interstate commerce. Congress has the power to regulate such a transaction. In order for the object to remain out of federal jurisdiction, it would have to remain in its state of origin forever.
And that's exactly where it would remain. ;)