• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Fernando OCers?

mjones

imported post

The city of San Fernando or the San Fernando Valley?

Other than the city of San Fernando, most of the valley is actually the City of Los Angeles.

The huge majority of everything north of Woodland Hills through Studio City.

http://www.laalmanac.com/LA/lamap2.htm

The City of San Fernando is that gray diamond shape near the top.

mjones

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Either or. Anyone in the Valley and especially the city. Someone hurry up and contact me!
I can't think of any of the 'regulars' that live in that area. I'm not terribly far, and I'm on vacation at the moment...PM me what you have in mind if you don't want it in the open forum...

Palecon

imported post

Please consider me for Open Carry Demo's. Would like to have open carry at Starbucks in Alhambra Ca soon. spoke with Lt on APD about what I wanted to do.

Please let me know.

Thx, Happy New Year

chewy352

imported post

Ya well we went to another coffee shop and guess what we had 30 cops a helo and an ambulance surround us. LOL

Gundude

imported post

Palecon wrote:
Please consider me for Open Carry Demo's. Would like to have open carry at Starbucks in Alhambra Ca soon. spoke with Lt on APD about what I wanted to do.

Please let me know.

Thx, Happy New Year

Hey, welcome to the site.

I'm curious, what did the Lt say about it?

Gundude

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Ya well we went to another coffee shop and guess what we had 30 cops a helo and an ambulance surround us. LOL
Almost the same response at the great shootout where the guys had full auto, w/AP ammo, and full body armour.

Palecon

imported post

Gunn,

After convincing him I was not some lone nut and told him a little about myself and community involvement he mentioned that they would respond in a tactical fashion adrenalin and all. But also mentioned that if I was lawfully carrying that after confirmation that's where it would end. He wasn't really happy about it but more concerned for public safety. Of course doing this alone in a place I am very familiar with I still would have witnesses.

Ideas?

Palecon

imported post

Palecon wrote:
Gunn,

After convincing him I was not some lone nut and told him a little about myself and community involvement he mentioned that they would respond in a tactical fashion adrenalin and all. But also mentioned that if I was lawfully carrying that after confirmation that's where it would end. He wasn't really happy about it but more concerned for public safety. Of course doing this alone in a place I am very familiar with I still would have witnesses.

Ideas?
Test...out

Gundude

imported post

Palecon wrote:
Gunn,

Ideas?

It sounds like they fully intend to violate your 4th ammendment right with an illegal search. Basically, all they can arrest you for is carrying loaded, carrying concealed without a permit, carrying inside the magic 1000' GFSZ, and carrying in restricted areas like secure zones in airports and Gov buildings.

I went to Harbor Freight and bought a book safe for $12. It has a 3 wheel combination. When I leave home, I lock up, and then arm myself when I arrive at my destination.

Go carefully, they are hard core out to get us as you can tell from those internal emails posted. Also, be careful what you post here, they are watching.