• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A security guard grabbed his gun!

swatspyder

imported post

http://georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=40381

Security guard today just tried to physically dis-arm me. Grabbed my right arm with his left hand and attempted to grab my pistol grip with his right. Elbow to the face and a back step rear kick/shin scrape to his right knee/shin...turned and hit him with a full body roundhouse punch. Knocked his a$$ out cold. Because the cops were called I can't give full details until everything is settled but it was at a big box store

I knew he was there but he never said a word just walked right up and tried it.
:what:

FMCDH

imported post

Freaking "security guards"! (sigh)

They need a license in most cases, but it doesn't necessarily mean they know crap about the job they are suppose to be doing. I can talk, I WAS one way back when, but I was a far different breed from a "mall cop".

The witnesses this guy has are going to save his bacon. The SG got what he deserved for a Rambo BS stunt like that, but I think the guy should still press charges.

I have seen entire security firms be fired from a contract for similar "beyond authority" actions of a single security guard. Incidents like these don't reflect well on the security firms who are suppose to be training these guys.

A a minimum, this security guard is probably looking at a long investigation and riding a desk at reduced pay, if not termination.

amzbrady

imported post

what if the gaurd was large enough to overtake him, would that have been cause to draw on him, how many times do you actually have to get hit before you can draw. is there a rule on how much blood you have to lose? What if he would have pistol whipped the gaurd?

Metalhead47

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
what if the gaurd was large enough to overtake him, would that have been cause to draw on him, how many times do you actually have to get hit before you can draw. is there a rule on how much blood you have to lose? What if he would have pistol whipped the gaurd?
Dunno about GA, but the law here states you can use force to prevent a felony. Theft of a firearm is a felony. And I think it'd be reasonable to assume anyone who tries to gain control of your weapon constitutes a threat to your life, there by justifying drawing on them. If something similar happened to me, whether the fool managed to get my gun or not he'd end up looking down the barrel of my wife's gun.

killchain

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Dunno about GA, but the law here states you can use force to prevent a felony. Theft of a firearm is a felony. And I think it'd be reasonable to assume anyone who tries to gain control of your weapon constitutes a threat to your life, there by justifying drawing on them. If something similar happened to me, whether the fool managed to get my gun or not he'd end up looking down the barrel of my wife's gun.
+1

David.Car

imported post

As a security supervisor I don't even know where to begin on this one...

I always make it a point to see that people who believe their authority is greater then any normal citizen don't stay on my site long.

gsx1138

imported post

David.Car wrote:
As a security supervisor I don't even know where to begin on this one...

I always make it a point to see that people who believe their authority is greater then any normal citizen don't stay on my site long.

Sounds like you've got your sh!t wired tight out there. Good job!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

This reiterates the need for locking type holsters when open carrying. I would have done the same thing, no matter how large the guy if he tries to grab my weapon his attention is focused and he's going down.

FMCHD you do mean the gun carrier should press charges right?

gsx1138

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
This reiterates the need for locking type holsters when open carrying. I would have done the same thing, no matter how large the guy if he tries to grab my weapon his attention is focused and he's going down.

I think this guy said he had a retention holster but I didn't recognize the brand so I may be wrong. I'm a noob when it comes to that sort of thing.

joeroket

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:

I think this guy said he had a retention holster but I didn't recognize the brand so I may be wrong.  I'm a noob when it comes to that sort of thing.

He said he had it in a Galco 3slot which is a plain leather holster with a thumb break and a tension screw.

gsx1138

imported post

joeroket wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

I think this guy said he had a retention holster but I didn't recognize the brand so I may be wrong. I'm a noob when it comes to that sort of thing.

He said he had it in a Galco 3slot which is a plain leather holster with a thumb break and a tension screw.

Sorry, you're speaking Greek to me. :(

I carry my XD in a Serpa. That's the extent of my holster knowledge. Well, I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck. Is a thumb break where you have a snap that needs to be opened with your thumb before you can draw?

joeroket

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

I think this guy said he had a retention holster but I didn't recognize the brand so I may be wrong.  I'm a noob when it comes to that sort of thing.

Sorry, you're speaking Greek to me.   :(

I carry my XD in a Serpa.  That's the extent of my holster knowledge.  Well, I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck.  Is a thumb break where you have a snap that needs to be opened with your thumb before you can draw?

That is exactly what a thumb break is. Here is the manufacture sight for the Galco 3 slot, they are nice holsters and do hold the firearm snug but they have no mechanical retention at all. I have owned 3 of them in the past 10 years.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2695&CatalogID=4

FMCDH

imported post

O, abso-freaking-lutely :exclaim::D

Sorry if my pure disdain for the actions of the security guard were not clear. ;)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

FMCDH I th:Dught so I just had to read it twice and wanted to make sure.

Just to clarify I wasn't debating the fact if the open carrier had a serpa holster, just makes me glad I do. And would encourage all open carriers to do so. But thats just my opinion.

Metalhead47

imported post

FMCDH I th:Dught so I just had to read it twice and wanted to make sure.

Just to clarify I wasn't debating the fact if the open carrier had a serpa holster, just makes me glad I do. And would encourage all open carriers to do so. But thats just my opinion.
Sure, just try finding a SERPA holster for Hi-Point. Or a Tanfoglio for that matter.:quirky

FMCDH

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
They didn't figure many would carry those in a holster.....lol.:uhoh:
Well yes, some sort of hydraulic weight-bearing, articulating exoskeleton would be more comfortable, but they don't make those either. :cuss:
Black and Decker nylon tool belts are on sale at Home Depot for 29.99 I hear. ;)

Full trigger cover, and even a retention strap is included! :p