Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Police INSPECTOR (HIGH RANK) and Seargent cuffed me because OC is illegal?!?

Post imported post

I was told I needed to delete some of my postings.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO Heyme.

Being cuffed and stuffed does not, in and of itself, constitute arrest, but you were definitely detained--you were not free to leave at any time.

Please go to My Account and to Profile to add your location--if you don't mind.

Make sure you choose USA under Country so the State box appears to choose Michigan.

Other members will be along shortly to suggest possible attorneys who are Pro-2A. There is a list in here:

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/

Post imported post

Where did this take place? Just because you were hand cuffed doesnt necessarily mean you were under arrest but I would definitely say you were unlawfully detained because the investigator under his own words was ignorant and that's why you were held. I'd give Dean Greenblatt a call @ 248-644-7520. As a backup you could use my lawyer Ronald Chapman 248-644-6326. FYI please fill in your location information (city,state) on your profile so Michigan can get credit

Let us know how things go and welcome to OCDO. Please keep us informed and I really would like to know what city you were in.

Mike

Post imported post

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Post imported post

heyme wrote:
    I was open carrying at work in Detroit. I live in Dearborn.

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?
    A Pro-2A attorney--give him a call.

Read this for a FOIA. You and/or yourattorney needs to do this ASAP.

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-...1242--,00.html

McX

Post imported post

sounds like there's few rights in Dearborn. Bu then again, there's even less here!

Post imported post

Funny thing is we're quite aware of Dearborn's untrained police officers. Take a look at what happened to TheSzerdi at Fairlane Mall. I still think we should OC in a group at the mall.

Post imported post

I would be filing a FOIA request immediately and then calling an attorney. I agree we need to organize something preferably before summer to educate that OC is legal.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

He was open carrying in Detroit where he worked. Also if I read this correctly he was on private property the entire time, including when the Detroit Police Inspector (they are in charge of precincts) grabbed him and forced him into the patrol car in handcuffs.
    Detroit PD are the ones that, under Kym Worthy's orders in Wayne County as the Wayne County Prosecutor, are trying to arrest anyone with a BUG as being in violation of the CPL laws. Kym Worthy it would appear will even take it into court even though she knows that it will be thrown out of court.

Mel

Post imported post

mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

He was open carrying in Detroit where he worked. Also if I read this correctly he was on private property the entire time, including when the Detroit Police Inspector (they are in charge of precincts) grabbed him and forced him into the patrol car in handcuffs.
    Detroit PD are the ones that, under Kym Worthy's orders in Wayne County as the Wayne County Prosecutor, are trying to arrest anyone with a BUG as being in violation of the CPL laws. Kym Worthy it would appear will even take it into court even though she knows that it will be thrown out of court.

Mel
    Huh???

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Mel
    Huh???
    The Wayne County Prosecutor feels that carrying a back up gun ie. BUG, is not covered under the CPL statute.
    While this doesn't apply in the OP's case I thought it would be beneficial to understand what is happening in Wayne County itself. The Wayne County Prosecutor issues directives to Wayne County law enforcement under her jurisdiction.

Mel

Post imported post

mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    heyme wrote:

┬*

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Read this for a FOIA.┬* You and/or your┬*attorney needs to do this ASAP.

┬*
    He was open carrying in Detroit where he worked.┬* Also if I read this correctly he was on private property the entire time, including when the Detroit Police Inspector (they are in charge of precincts) grabbed him and forced him into the patrol car in handcuffs.

Mel
    Huh???┬*
    The Wayne County Prosecutor feels that carrying a back up gun ie. BUG, is not covered under the CPL statute.┬*
    While this doesn't apply in the OP's case I thought it would be beneficial to understand what is happening in Wayne County itself.┬* The Wayne County Prosecutor issues directives to Wayne County law enforcement under her jurisdiction.

Mel
    Who says a BUG is not covered under the CPL statute? There is no mention of the number of guns you carry.

Post imported post

mel5051 wrote:
    The Wayne County Prosecutor feels that carrying a back up gun ie. BUG, is not covered under the CPL statute.
    While this doesn't apply in the OP's case I thought it would be beneficial to understand what is happening in Wayne County itself. The Wayne County Prosecutor issues directives to Wayne County law enforcement under her jurisdiction.

Mel
    Personally, I think she is full of fecal matter. But, I really was just wondering why you quoted me previously with this info.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Mel
    Huh???

Mel
    Who says a BUG is not covered under the CPL statute? There is no mention of the number of guns you carry.
    I know that, you know that, the AG knows that, the Courts know that, but Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy is trying to enforce something to prove her own agenda it would appear.

Mel

Post imported post

Still getting used to this editor, my apologies Springer!

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Mel, please read my reply to Heyme again so you can understand why I asked you about quoting me with the BUG info.

Post imported post

mel5051 wrote:
    Still getting used to this editor, my apologies Springer!
    All good...

Post imported post

edited

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Where did this take place? Just because you were hand cuffed doesnt necessarily mean you were under arrest but I would definitely say you were unlawfully detained because the investigator under his own words was ignorant and that's why you were held. I'd give Dean Greenblatt a call @ 248-644-7520. As a backup you could use my lawyer Ronald Chapman 248-644-6326. FYI please fill in your location information (city,state) on your profile so Michigan can get credit

Let us know how things go and welcome to OCDO. Please keep us informed and I really would like to know what city you were in.

Mike
    edited

Post imported post

Post deleted by author.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    mel5051 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Mel
    Huh???

Mel
    Nothing but morons the Wayne County Prosecutors office is.

Backup guns are perfectly legal. I carry two and sometimes three weapons and NEVER have I had any issue with it. The times I carried three were when I was working some damnable neighborhoods in Detroit transporting things I didn't want to loose. When I first applied for a "CCW" way back in the Old days 32 years ago. It was near impossible to get a CCW and even harder to get a "General CCW". I was licensed by the Michigan State Police as a Private Investigation company Owner. I also held a few Federal Firearms licenses.

The few times I had Police dealings they knew I was armed to the teeth and never a word except shop talk about guns and asking me what I recommended.

Most of the time it's not the cops, it's the morons who fail to inform them as required of new laws, or changes in laws. the Cops depend on the Dept to inform them of policies and laws. The Prosecutors and upper management of Police agencies are the problem, they are usually anti gun and dumb as a rock.
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Post imported post

heyme wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:

Mike
    I just called MR Greenblatt . He didn't answer, I left him a voicemail.

How long does it normally take to return ones call?
    I'd call Ron Chapman also if I were you. It's better to have a choice then only speak to one lawyer.

Post imported post

Dean usualy returns his calls at the end of the work day,usualy around 5pm or after.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

edit

Post imported post

At this point the only thing you say to the police is the name of your attorney and his phone number. If the police want to interview you they'll have to do it in Mr. Freeman's presence ONLY.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast