• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Police INSPECTOR (HIGH RANK) and Seargent cuffed me because OC is illegal?!?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Welcome to OCDO Heyme.

Being cuffed and stuffed does not, in and of itself, constitute arrest, but you were definitely detained--you were not free to leave at any time.

Please go to My Account and to Profile to add your location--if you don't mind.

Make sure you choose USA under Country so the State box appears to choose Michigan.

Other members will be along shortly to suggest possible attorneys who are Pro-2A. There is a list in here:

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/

mikestilly

imported post

Where did this take place? Just because you were hand cuffed doesnt necessarily mean you were under arrest but I would definitely say you were unlawfully detained because the investigator under his own words was ignorant and that's why you were held. I'd give Dean Greenblatt a call @ 248-644-7520. As a backup you could use my lawyer Ronald Chapman 248-644-6326. FYI please fill in your location information (city,state) on your profile so Michigan can get credit :)

Let us know how things go and welcome to OCDO. Please keep us informed and I really would like to know what city you were in.

Mike

M

McX

imported post

sounds like there's few rights in Dearborn. Bu then again, there's even less here!

mikestilly

imported post

Funny thing is we're quite aware of Dearborn's untrained police officers. Take a look at what happened to TheSzerdi at Fairlane Mall. I still think we should OC in a group at the mall.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I would be filing a FOIA request immediately and then calling an attorney. I agree we need to organize something preferably before summer to educate that OC is legal.

mel5051

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
heyme wrote:
I was open carrying at work in Detroit. I live in Dearborn.

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

A Pro-2A attorney--give him a call.

Read this for a FOIA. You and/or yourattorney needs to do this ASAP.

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-17337_18160-51242--,00.html
He was open carrying in Detroit where he worked. Also if I read this correctly he was on private property the entire time, including when the Detroit Police Inspector (they are in charge of precincts) grabbed him and forced him into the patrol car in handcuffs.
Detroit PD are the ones that, under Kym Worthy's orders in Wayne County as the Wayne County Prosecutor, are trying to arrest anyone with a BUG as being in violation of the CPL laws. Kym Worthy it would appear will even take it into court even though she knows that it will be thrown out of court.

Mel

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mel5051 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

He was open carrying in Detroit where he worked. Also if I read this correctly he was on private property the entire time, including when the Detroit Police Inspector (they are in charge of precincts) grabbed him and forced him into the patrol car in handcuffs.
Detroit PD are the ones that, under Kym Worthy's orders in Wayne County as the Wayne County Prosecutor, are trying to arrest anyone with a BUG as being in violation of the CPL laws. Kym Worthy it would appear will even take it into court even though she knows that it will be thrown out of court.

Mel
Huh??? :)

mel5051

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
mel5051 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Mel
The Wayne County Prosecutor feels that carrying a back up gun ie. BUG, is not covered under the CPL statute.
While this doesn't apply in the OP's case I thought it would be beneficial to understand what is happening in Wayne County itself. The Wayne County Prosecutor issues directives to Wayne County law enforcement under her jurisdiction.

Mel

mikestilly

imported post

mel5051 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
mel5051 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Read this for a FOIA.  You and/or your attorney needs to do this ASAP.

He was open carrying in Detroit where he worked.  Also if I read this correctly he was on private property the entire time, including when the Detroit Police Inspector (they are in charge of precincts) grabbed him and forced him into the patrol car in handcuffs.

Mel
Huh???  :)
The Wayne County Prosecutor feels that carrying a back up gun ie. BUG, is not covered under the CPL statute. 
While this doesn't apply in the OP's case I thought it would be beneficial to understand what is happening in Wayne County itself.  The Wayne County Prosecutor issues directives to Wayne County law enforcement under her jurisdiction.

Mel

Who says a BUG is not covered under the CPL statute? There is no mention of the number of guns you carry.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mel5051 wrote:
While this doesn't apply in the OP's case I thought it would be beneficial to understand what is happening in Wayne County itself. The Wayne County Prosecutor issues directives to Wayne County law enforcement under her jurisdiction.

Mel
Personally, I think she is full of fecal matter. But, I really was just wondering why you quoted me previously with this info.

mel5051

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
mel5051 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
mel5051 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
heyme wrote:

Who is Dean Greenblatt ?

Mel

Mel

Who says a BUG is not covered under the CPL statute? There is no mention of the number of guns you carry.
I know that, you know that, the AG knows that, the Courts know that, but Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy is trying to enforce something to prove her own agenda it would appear.

Mel

SpringerXDacp

heyme

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Where did this take place? Just because you were hand cuffed doesnt necessarily mean you were under arrest but I would definitely say you were unlawfully detained because the investigator under his own words was ignorant and that's why you were held. I'd give Dean Greenblatt a call @ 248-644-7520. As a backup you could use my lawyer Ronald Chapman 248-644-6326. FYI please fill in your location information (city,state) on your profile so Michigan can get credit :)

Let us know how things go and welcome to OCDO. Please keep us informed and I really would like to know what city you were in.

Mike

edited