Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaguntrader site down?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Went to look for something there this morning and it says that the site has exceeded its bandwith.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I am getting the same response.

Post imported post

Yep, it has been down since last night. I guess the site is getting too popular and can't handle the bandwith.

Post imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
    Yep, it has been down since last night. I guess the site is getting too popular and can't handle the bandwith.
    Its a great site, and it seems to me some sort of fund drive might be in order, especially for those of us who have bought or sold a firearm on that lovely site. I'll contribute a one time 5% of the $600 I've spent on there as a Buyers Premium, if a paypal account existed for me to forward said funds to.

Post imported post

if any knows who runs it have him pm me. I have options for him

Post imported post

Argh. I knew I should have gotten Agent19's phone number last night - I was supposed to call him this morning.

Post imported post

VaLiberty wrote:
    mercutio545 wrote:
    Its a great site, and it seems to me some sort of fund drive might be in order, especially for those of us who have bought or sold a firearm on that lovely site. I'll contribute a one time 5% of the $600 I've spent on there as a Buyers Premium, if a paypal account existed for me to forward said funds to.
    Better yet, paid advertising. I'd be happy to put an ad on his site.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

Wow, good new travels fast . I guess the site has outgrown its current bandwith hosting subscription. I just renewed it last month for the next year. I emailed the host and I'm waiting to hear from them. Iassume I'll have to open the wallet again and pay up to a higher plan.

I've had a few people email me and offer to volunteer donations, I'll have to set something up. Paypal just isnt too friendly towards firearms though, will have to be careful there.

I'm at MCV right now. Mywife is having a surgery todayso I'll tryto get back to a wifi spot throughout the day and check my email and get everything back up ASAP.

Sorry guys,

Brian

Post imported post

trx680 wrote:
    Sorry guys
    The LAST thing in the world you need to be is sorry!

Thanks for your contribution to the community!

Post imported post

trx680 wrote:
    Wow, good new travels fast . I guess the site has outgrown its current bandwith hosting subscription. I just renewed it last month for the next year. I emailed the host and I'm waiting to hear from them. Iassume I'll have to open the wallet again and pay up to a higher plan.

I've had a few people email me and offer to volunteer donations, I'll have to set something up. Paypal just isnt too friendly towards firearms though, will have to be careful there.

I'm at MCV right now. Mywife is having a surgery todayso I'll tryto get back to a wifi spot throughout the day and check my email and get everything back up ASAP.

Sorry guys,

Brian

Brian,

No need to be sorry. Your site is a great site and has filled a void in the marketplace for many gun owners. If you ever decide to put up some ad space, give me a shout.

Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

Jim

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I wanted to offer the ads back when I first started the site, but I'm just not familiar withHTML andwasnt able to figure out how to make it work out, and gave up on it.

Post imported post

trx680 wrote:
    I wanted to offer the ads back when I first started the site, but I'm just not familiar withHTML andwasnt able to figure out how to make it work out, and gave up on it.
    haha I know what you mean. I spent 2 days a few weeks ago teaching myself html and I'm not even sure what I learned at this point. I'm still lost. Perhaps one of our venerable computer gurus here who knows html can be of assistance to you.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

If you need help with html etc. Hollar. I do it for a living. Im codeslave on vaguntrader. love the site

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Prayers sent for your wife Brian.
    If you need to set something up temporarily, feel free to use a sub domain on my site.

Come to think of it, I have a host site that I'm not using now. Let me know if you need to split part of your site to it until you get straight.

Post imported post

Hope everything turns out well for you and your wife. Thank you for the site!

As for an alternative to paypal for donations there is: https://www.gunpal.net/

Post imported post

Brian,

Its Jude (JLUELLEN)from VAGUNTRADER...

First of all sorry to hear about the wife...prayers are with you.

Second if you need me to do anything regarding VAGUNTRADER please just let me know.

If needed you can email me at jluellen@verizon.net

Thanks!

Post imported post

Thanks Jude !!

Wife just came out of surgery, waiting for her to come out of the anaesthesia. It's was a planned surgery, nothing serious.

As far as the site I'm just waiting on the host to repond to my email and get things moving again.

Post imported post

Ads are fine, but maybe you should suggest a $10 per sale/trade voluntary contribution from both parties?

Post imported post

trx680 wrote:
    I feel incredibly confident that with the help of some folks on this site, you could have google adwords implemented within a few days, and be bringing in some revenue as a result. It's a dead simple way to monetize the great web property you have developed.

Post imported post

It's back up! :celebrate

Post imported post

You shouldn't have a problem with PayPal and accepting donations to the site, as long as the donations aren't direct payment for a firearm.

I'm a member of XDTalk, and they do their donations through PayPal. Here is a quote from the old moderator/owner:

Many have asked how to make a small donation to XDTalk. I've checked with PayPal and they do not have an issue with us taking payments for donations for this forum.
    I'd be happy to donate to keep the site running. If everyone who has ever sold a firearm on there just donated a couple of bucks, I'm sure that would keep the site up for a long time.

Post imported post

Curtis wrote:
    It's back up! :celebrate
    Just got an email. The host has increased the bandwidth for me. I'll bump it up to a higherbandwidth plan as soon as theybill me for it. I'm assuming it's back up and working as Curtis is happy !! The wifi internet connection here at MCV isn't allowing me to connect to my site because it isblocked-
    Access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked in accordance with VCU Health System policy 1504, "Internet Access and Usage" for further details, please review:
    http://issecurity.mcvh-vcu.edu/Pdf/ZAVANTA/HS-IM-PO-1504.pdf+
    Please contact your VCUHS Information Security if you believe this is in error.

User: 10.70.19.9

URL: vaguntrader.com/

Category: weapons

Post imported post

It was blocked in no fewer than three airports I traveled through in the past year for "inappropriate" or "blocked" content.

Several pro-gun/pro-liberty sites were, for that matter. This site was blocked in at least one location.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I guess thats a good sign when your site gets blocked

Post imported post

VaLiberty wrote:
    trx680 wrote:
    I feel incredibly confident that with the help of some folks on this site, you could have google adwords implemented within a few days, and be bringing in some revenue as a result. It's a dead simple way to monetize the great web property you have developed.
    Google is extremely anti-gun. This site used to have Google ads, until they figured it out.

Not to say there aren't sponsors out there, just won't be Google.

TFred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast