• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vaguntrader site down?

mercutio545

imported post

Yep, it has been down since last night. I guess the site is getting too popular and can't handle the bandwith.

VaLiberty

imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
Yep, it has been down since last night. I guess the site is getting too popular and can't handle the bandwith.
Its a great site, and it seems to me some sort of fund drive might be in order, especially for those of us who have bought or sold a firearm on that lovely site. I'll contribute a one time 5% of the $600 I've spent on there as a Buyers Premium, if a paypal account existed for me to forward said funds to.

Riana

imported post

Argh. I knew I should have gotten Agent19's phone number last night - I was supposed to call him this morning.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

VaLiberty wrote:
mercutio545 wrote:
Its a great site, and it seems to me some sort of fund drive might be in order, especially for those of us who have bought or sold a firearm on that lovely site. I'll contribute a one time 5% of the $600 I've spent on there as a Buyers Premium, if a paypal account existed for me to forward said funds to.
Better yet, paid advertising. I'd be happy to put an ad on his site.

VaGunTrader

imported post

Wow, good new travels fast :cool:. I guess the site has outgrown its current bandwith hosting subscription. I just renewed it last month for the next year. I emailed the host and I'm waiting to hear from them. Iassume I'll have to open the wallet again and pay up to a higher plan.

I've had a few people email me and offer to volunteer donations, I'll have to set something up. Paypal just isnt too friendly towards firearms though, will have to be careful there.

I'm at MCV right now. Mywife is having a surgery todayso I'll tryto get back to a wifi spot throughout the day and check my email and get everything back up ASAP.

Sorry guys,

Brian

ProShooter

imported post

trx680 wrote:
Wow, good new travels fast :cool:. I guess the site has outgrown its current bandwith hosting subscription. I just renewed it last month for the next year. I emailed the host and I'm waiting to hear from them. Iassume I'll have to open the wallet again and pay up to a higher plan.

I've had a few people email me and offer to volunteer donations, I'll have to set something up. Paypal just isnt too friendly towards firearms though, will have to be careful there.

I'm at MCV right now. Mywife is having a surgery todayso I'll tryto get back to a wifi spot throughout the day and check my email and get everything back up ASAP.

Sorry guys,

Brian

Brian,

No need to be sorry. Your site is a great site and has filled a void in the marketplace for many gun owners. If you ever decide to put up some ad space, give me a shout.

Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

Jim

VaGunTrader

imported post

I wanted to offer the ads back when I first started the site, but I'm just not familiar withHTML andwasnt able to figure out how to make it work out, and gave up on it.

ProShooter

imported post

trx680 wrote:
I wanted to offer the ads back when I first started the site, but I'm just not familiar withHTML andwasnt able to figure out how to make it work out, and gave up on it.
haha I know what you mean. I spent 2 days a few weeks ago teaching myself html and I'm not even sure what I learned at this point. I'm still lost. Perhaps one of our venerable computer gurus here who knows html can be of assistance to you.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Prayers sent for your wife Brian.
If you need to set something up temporarily, feel free to use a sub domain on my site.

Come to think of it, I have a host site that I'm not using now. Let me know if you need to split part of your site to it until you get straight.

VaGunTrader

imported post

Thanks Jude !!

Wife just came out of surgery, waiting for her to come out of the anaesthesia. It's was a planned surgery, nothing serious.

As far as the site I'm just waiting on the host to repond to my email and get things moving again.

VaLiberty

imported post

trx680 wrote:
I feel incredibly confident that with the help of some folks on this site, you could have google adwords implemented within a few days, and be bringing in some revenue as a result. It's a dead simple way to monetize the great web property you have developed.