• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Correction for Nebraska Map

Ryan45cal

imported post

Hi,

There are some errors on the Nebraskapage when you click on one of the maps from the main page.

First, open carry at a college or school of any kind is not legal. This is what is listed on the page:"Concealed Carry Prohibited by Statute - Open Carry Generally Legal" It is a felony to possess a gun on school property, colleges and universitiesincluded. The exception to that is you can leave it in the car *if* you have a Conealed Handgun Permit. Otherwise it must be unloaded and out of reach and you can not be a student at the school you have your unloaded firearm at.

Second, this is what it says for preemption: "
Complete state preemption of firearms laws except several localities have passed and are enforcing laws that appear to be illegal under the preemption statute." Where in the Nebraska statutes is there preemption for firearm laws? The cities here are actively making anti-gun ordinances at will, and enforcing them, as well. The only preemption that is only partially being enforced is for concealed handguns by CHP holders.

Ryan45cal

imported post

This was updated awhile ago.

It surprises me though, that it took two months for someone to finally reply.It wasn't even someone anywhere close to Nebraska, at that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Ryan45cal wrote:
This was updated awhile ago.

It surprises me though, that it took two months for someone to finally reply.It wasn't even someone anywhere close to Nebraska, at that.
Nebraska participation is very slack. Don't know why as the typical Cornhusker would seem to be very pro freedom and pro rights.

Always thought my home state was best known for its beef, not mutton. :?

IMO Nebraska needs a good grass roots movement/organization to get the ball rolling.

Yata hey