• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now its the Richland PD that wants you disarmed!

Capn Camo

imported post

On a lark through the City of REICHland City Building, I noticed a pamphlet that explained how people could help keep themseves free from crime, things like locking doors. The idiocy about "not allowing the car engine to warm up in the driveway" wasnt mentioned. Know what cold driving does to an engine? The oil is like honey.

Anyhoo, despite the fact that the Sarah Thompson PhD
( http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm )
cites a law enforcement source as claiming the #1 way to prevent crime is GUN OWNERSHIP, the pamphlet didn't bother to mention that.

Just take a wild guess as to why there is near no crime in Richland? It just happens that El Pasco, Kennewick, Yakima are LOADED with illegal aliens selling drugs, but geesh, they rarely come to Richland! Heres why:

1.) RPD, overworked as they are,
2.) special forces living/visiting here,
3.) ex blackwater,
4.) federal police,
5.) former and current military,
6.) CCW-ers,
7.) CCW without a permit (Im told the number is large AND growing),
8.) me wandering around OC-ing

What do they ALL have in common?

This place is swarming with Military and ex-military and professionals who OWN/CARRY GUNS.

My letter to the COR PD asking them why they want people to be VICTIMS. Just a simple mind asking simple questions: ( Link posted to save bandwidth)

http://second-amendment.tripod.com/corsi.doc

Now, nobody's saying they have to recommend that Citizens do so (I understand how everyone wants to hide behind the "legal liability" question), but if they are going to publish a list of "facts" with documented statistics to back them up (keeping doors locked makes a 8 % reduction in crime, owning guns makes an 85% as evidenced in Kennesaw GA... just wild baseless examples) why not add THIS statistic? Why not simply "suggest" firearms ownership and use as backed up by data? The data IS THERE!

Speaking of legal liability, does Richland attempts to disarm Citizens and leave them VICITMS also incurr liability?

Feel free to print it and send your own copy.

joeroket

imported post

So where does it say that they want you disarmed?

Just because they do not state in writing that gun ownership lowers crime does not mean they want you disarmed.

Did you know that gun owners have a higher percentage of suicide by firearm? Statistics go both ways you know and can also be spun to fit your agenda.

gsx1138

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but where is Richland?

They got a map for that.......

Your link is dead....

Yeah, but if I just googled everything I'd have no reason to come here for dialog. I'd like to hear from the guy who lives in Richland about Richland.

And to the topic, I'm not sure what you're point is. I'm going to have to agree with Joeroket here.

killchain

imported post

Richland has next to no crime because their entire department is a traffic division. ALL THEY DO is traffic. They have no patrol division.

Due to the increased chance of being pulled over for something, criminals tend to shy away.

Same with West Richland.

And I'm not seeing your logic here. If someone doesn't suggest that you buy a gun for safety, they're trying to disarm you?

So, if I suggest to a person to buy a can of mace instead of suggesting right away to buy a gun, does that make me a disarming Oceanian?

virgil47

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but where is Richland? I'm guessing by your references it's somewhere in Eastern Washington.
It is part of the tri-cities of Richland, Pasco and Kenewick in eastern Washington. The area is basically a high desert and is very warm and dry during the summer months. Used to be a very nice place to live back in the early 70's.

killchain

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Or asI refer to them the dry_s*&^ties.
Wet ones at the moment. :p

It's about, oh, 50mi west of Walla Walla, about 30mi north of Hermiston, 70mi southeast of Yakima.

It's one of the Tri-Cities, the other two being Pasco and Kennewick.

Stretch

imported post

I've enjoyed the change from the gray, damp, dreary and ultra liberal politics of the west side of the state.

Every town has its ups and downs. :)

cynicist

imported post

Just take a wild guess as to why there is near no crime in Richland? It just happens that El Pasco, Kennewick, Yakima are LOADED with illegal aliens selling drugs, but geesh, they rarely come to Richland!
Why do people that don't live here assume that anyone who is both Hispanic and a criminal is an illegal immigrant? The Yakima Valley has had a large Hispanic population since the 1930s. The American-born Hispanic gangs (though the Nortenos are now classified as Hispanic/Caucasian) are so entrenched here that MS-13 doesn't even try it here.

It's also notable that the per capita income in Richland is twice what it is in Pasco. It's like comparing Bellevue to Hilltop.

killchain

imported post

killchain wrote:
Richland has next to no crime because their entire department is a traffic division. ALL THEY DO is traffic. They have no patrol division.

Due to the increased chance of being pulled over for something, criminals tend to shy away.

Same with West Richland.
Because I don't feel like retyping it, but I feel like I should restate it again.

CaptainAttila

imported post

killchain wrote:
killchain wrote:

Same with West Richland.
Because I don't feel like retyping it, but I feel like I should restate it again.
Not quite. Here's a link to their organizational page: http://www.ci.richland.wa.us/RICHLAND/police/index.cfm?pagenum=63

killchain

imported post

CaptainAttila wrote:
killchain wrote:
killchain wrote:

Same with West Richland.
Not quite. Here's a link to their organizational page: http://www.ci.richland.wa.us/RICHLAND/police/index.cfm?pagenum=63
Sorry, I misspoke. I got my designations mixed up. They merged their patrol and traffic divisions into one division, which is "Field Operations."

The fact is Richland has a huge "Field Operations" division and as such they do a LOT of patrol. Criminals don't like seeing cop cars around when they commit crime.

Now, studies have shown that once a squad car rolls by they'll commit the crime anyway... but hey. That's why people protect themselves. :)