• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your Political Views

Rusty

imported post

I don't know if this has been done before here, or if there is any interest. But I tend to be a bit on the left of center, and more towards the Libertarian side of things.

I found this stupid quiz, and was wondering if anyone wanted to share their views.

I find some of the conversation here to be a bit more to the right then I go for, but was wondering where most of you fell in the spectrum of things.

Anyway, if you want to take the quiz, it is free, no registration, and I think it might be interesting.

Here are my results:

My Political Views
I am a center-left social libertarian
Left: 2.85, Libertarian: 7.72
14x35.gif

Sorry, forgot the link... DOAH!!!

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

Gundude

imported post

Thanks, but I don't want to be catagorized. I'm liberal on some issues, conservative on some and libertian on others. (is libertian a word? Try libertarian, I thinks that right :)

mjones

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Thanks, but I don't want to be catagorized. I'm liberal on some issues, conservative on some and libertian on others.

Ditto for me, but I did it anyway hahaha

My Political Views

I am a right social libertarian

Right: 4.76, Libertarian: 6.65

30x33.gif

My Foreign Policy Views

Score: -3.05

n35.gif

My Culture War Stance

Score: -4.06

c30.gif

Decoligny

imported post

Rusty wrote:
I don't know if this has been done before here, or if there is any interest. But I tend to be a bit on the left of center, and more towards the Libertarian side of things.

I found this stupid quiz, and was wondering if anyone wanted to share their views.

I find some of the conversation here to be a bit more to the right then I go for, but was wondering where most of you fell in the spectrum of things.

Anyway, if you want to take the quiz, it is free, no registration, and I think it might be interesting.

Here are my results:

My Political Views
I am a center-left social libertarian
Left: 2.85, Libertarian: 7.72
14x35.gif

Sorry, forgot the link... DOAH!!!

http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html
Looks like you are pulling the trigger instead of squeezing. Stop anticipating the recoil, just let the gun fire. ;)

dirtykoala

imported post

I took this test a few months back and came out libertarian to the right. Almost where mjones is, but a little more up and left. Finding out I was a libertarian was pretty cool. I started researching the party and found that I agree with most of it.

Rusty

imported post

Looks like you are pulling the trigger instead of squeezing. Stop anticipating the recoil, just let the gun fire.

Oh, I know how to squeeze, just ask my wife.

Looking at it again, that does look a lot like a zeroing target.

Nick Justice

imported post

I read the questions. It's a horribly worded,deliberately biased poll. They put their own false social presumptions and conclusions into the questions. As a result thepoll means nothing. They want to make the reader feellike a Nazi ifhe agrees with some of the statements. It's writted tosupport a leftist agenda. Don't bother. The results will not tell the truth.

The interview askes: "If you could own only one gun, what would it be?"

I answer: "A good 12 gauge would do well."

What is published: "Gun owner agreeswith'one gun per person'rule".

Don't take the bait.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I dont really need a chart to tell where I am politically. I can articulate it very briefly.

I do not want any more government than is required to ensure thatthe rights of thePeople are protected.Everything else is a gateway to tyranny.

Mike Hawk

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
I dont really need a chart to tell where I am politically. I can articulate it very briefly.

I do not want any more government than is required to ensure thatthe rights of thePeople are protected.Everything else is a gateway to tyranny.
That's just about right on target, IMO.