• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Packing Heat for the Hungry NEW LOCATION

thelongone13

imported post

Just so EVERYONE can get the message, Packing Heat for the Hungry will NOW be at the following address and time:

Save-A-Lot Foods
133 W. Main St.
Little Chute, WI 54140

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 from 9AM to 2PM we will be collecting food to be dropped off at the Salvation Army. My wife will be there with a camera. If you know anyone else attending, please let them know about the change of venue. Thank you.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
Just so EVERYONE can get the message, Packing Heat for the Hungry will NOW be at the following address and time:

Save-A-Lot Foods
133 W. Main St.
Little Chute, WI 54140

Saturday, January 2nd, 2010 from 9AM to 2PM we will be collecting food to be dropped off at the Salvation Army. My wife will be there with a camera. If you know anyone else attending, please let them know about the change of venue. Thank you.
we really have to stop the thread duplication, this is more confusing than anything.

Support The 2nd

imported post

thelongone13 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
that does not shock me, most local cops are pricks & enjoy causing "panic" (( hey mr. store manager, we the police suggest that you not have this event at your store, it might cause panic with the unarmed shoppers ))
In the parenthesis: That is EXACTLY what happened. They even mentioned that it IS legal. I was shocked, and am quite upset. I've even had positive interactions with some of the officers from the department.
Now I know one of the rules here is "no cop bashing" so I won't bash them, BUT if what you say is true, thenyou guysshould be filing a complaint against EVERY OFFICER involved withintimidating the store manager. If we can prove this, we should release a statement to the press, if they show up to cover this, stating that local LEO does NOT support us raising money/food for the hungry. These LEO's, who intimidated the business, should be held to task.

thelongone13

imported post

Thanks Glock34, I appreciate it. I was going to but you beat me to it! :D

EDIT!!!! Apparently the lady at the Pig fed me a line. I just spoke with an Administrative Captain from the local PD and he informed me that they hadn't pressured the Pig in any way, and in fact, they support our efforts! I am VERY truly sorry for spreading harmful misinformation, even if it was presented to me as the truth. I feel she used the local PD as a scapegoat to blame for her own disapproval of the event.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is happy to announce that we have a $100 anonymous matching donor. If you are unable to attend, and would like to donate, please feel free to contact us via the contact information below.

We will be there, and we will be presenting the $100 check.

We would have liked this to be more, but as glock pointed out, things are tough all over.

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
[url]http://www.WisconsinCarry.org[/url]
Hoffman.Hubert@gmail.com
608-792-0669

thelongone13

imported post

I had to edit several of my posts because of misinformation I was presented as truth. Sorry, guys, I fell for that one hook, line, and sinker, and sincerely apologize to all for not getting to the bottom of things. I should REALLY know better, but that's what I'm going to be learning in the next few semesters at school.

thelongone13

imported post

Thanks to everyone involved! This was a HUGE success! We managed over $1000 worth of groceries and gift cards (for fresh food) which was actually donated to St. Katharine Drexel's Loaves and Fishes food pantry in Kaukauna due to a little logistics error with Salvation Army (they were closed for the holiday weekend and I somehow missed the memo). Anyway, you don't wanna keep reading, I know you all want PICS! Here we go!

The VERY beginning...
105_0732.jpg

An idea of what we had at the end...
105_0734.jpg

Misc. pictures
105_0736.jpg

105_0739.jpg

105_0740.jpg

105_0741.jpg

And finally... Group shot!

105_0738.jpg

It was a pleasure, guys. Thanks to our sponsors, all who gave, and everyone who came out for the event!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Great job, guys! Those packed food tables are very impressive! I especially like the fact that you all look happy to be there and contributing something to the community.... I hope some more news services pick this up. This is the kind of feel-good story that the public needs to be made aware of.

One question; I didn't see any of our pamphlets... maybe you already had given them away when the pictures were snapped.

Dave

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nice news video. ok, those old west 6 gun rigs have to go !
They look really bad :exclaim: When we open carry, we need to be mindful about how we appear to the general population, we don't need to fuel their fears of old west style shootouts with guys wearing 6 gun rigs from back about 150 years ago , please update your equipment... We need to worry about how we are being viewed in the public's eye. Looking like an old west gun slinger is not the way to win hearts and minds of the sheep. but it's a perfect way to make us look bad. Everyone needs get with the times & buy a Modern Holster, that blends & don't stand out like a sore thumb.

Sorry if you think I am singling someone out I am not. Just being realistic.

gbu28

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
They look really bad :exclaim:  When we open carry, we need to be mindful about how we appear to the general population, we don't need to fuel their fears of old west style shootouts with guys wearing 6 gun rigs from back about 150 years ago , please update your equipment...  We need to worry about how we are being viewed in the public's eye.  Looking like an old west gun slinger is not the way to win hearts and minds of the sheep.  but it's a perfect way to make us look bad.  Everyone needs get with the times & buy a Modern Holster, that blends & don't stand out like a sore thumb.

I don't think that was part of the food drive. It looked like stock footage to me. Wasn't there green grass in the background? Not sure though.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
They look really bad :exclaim: When we open carry, we need to be mindful about how we appear to the general population, we don't need to fuel their fears of old west style shootouts with guys wearing 6 gun rigs from back about 150 years ago , please update your equipment... We need to worry about how we are being viewed in the public's eye. Looking like an old west gun slinger is not the way to win hearts and minds of the sheep. but it's a perfect way to make us look bad. Everyone needs get with the times & buy a Modern Holster, that blends & don't stand out like a sore thumb.

"Western" style revolver rigs look no more offensive than "modern" thigh holster rigs. I guarantee that many of the long barreled single action wearers can hit their target better than many of the short barreledauto wearers.

Although I personally would recommend that everyone dress and carry a rig that makes them blend in and does not draw attention to themselves,I would never be openly criticalto the point of alienation. We need less division in our movement.

We should welcome everyone at these events no matter what they choose to wear. The reality is that there is going to be a wide diversity in those who Open Carry. Unless someone is doing something dangerous, illegal or being an obvious sphincter, diversity is not a bad thing. This is the reality of an open event.

Our goal is the normalization of guns in our society and out in public. I don't care if you are a suit wearingindividual or a long hair wearing tatoocovered and pierced individual. Everyone has the right to Open Carry who is not otherwise legally prohibited from doing so. If our goal is to educate the public, we need to educate them thatindividuals from all walks of lifehave the right to self defense with a firearm.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

gbu28 wrote:
I don't think that was part of the food drive. It looked like stock footage to me. Wasn't there green grass in the background? Not sure though.

That was footage from our August picnic in Green Bay. Like I said, diversity is not a bad thing. There are alot of good resources out there who only own single action revolvers. These guys have alot of friends who may currently not care if our high capacity magazines get banned or if our black rifles get taken away.

Unification will save us but further division will sink us.

gbu28

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
gbu28 wrote:

That was footage from our August picnic in Green Bay.  Like I said, diversity is not a bad thing.  There are alot of good resources out there who only own single action revolvers.  These guys have alot of friends who may currently not care if our high capacity magazines get banned or if our black rifles get taken away. 

Unification will save us but further division will sink us. 

Agreed.:cool:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I also have no issues with what a person looks like, the way the person dresses, tattoos ( I have a bunch myself ) nor do I have any issues with what type of pistol you choose to carry, I just think we need to take a look in the mirror before we step outside and ask ourselves 3 questions >

does this make me look like a complete & total goof off ?
Will I be taken seriously in the eyes of the public ?
Will I even remotely blend in with the people around me ?

That's all. I just think playing cowboy action / old west dress up at the mall , shopping center, etc is not really helping our cause , But if one has no problems being ridiculed, then who am I to judge. So, ok I agree this is America & we are free to do what we want :).

And once again, thanks to the volunteers that showed up to help our cause & for helping out those less fortunate. I was planning on attending, but things did not go as planned :(