• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW TO HAMMOND, IN ? ABOUT GETTING MY PERMIT

INGLOCKITRUST219

imported post

Hello I was looking for some input on what to expect my interview for my ccw permit with the hammond police to be like basically am I going to have to explain why I want to carry or is just saying I want to exercise my right to do so good enough so any persons who have gone through hammond pd to do this please throw me a few pointers here I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

langzaiguy

imported post

I received my IN LTCH about 8 years ago. When I did that, it was all fingerprints and paperwork, no interview. You are asked why you want to carry, but I believe any legitimate reason will be accepted. I also believe IN is a shall-issue state meaning that they have to issue you one if you meet criteria.

lifer89

imported post

I got my permit in Madison a few months ago. No interview just paperwork and prints. The chief of police even filled out all my paperwork for me. All I had to do was sign. It was very fast and smooth process. I doubt you will have any problems Indiana is a very friendly state

2ndammendmentbrotha

imported post

You are likely to be processed by a big white haired oldergal(civilian) who likes to talk rough.If you are ever asked why you want a permit just say personal protection as that is the name of your license. There will be no interview just paper work, prints, and of course the money.