• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another home invasion, Kalamazoo

EM87

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Practice more EM87, dump 2 mags in there general area and wait til the smoke clears.

Then you can check your  score.

Hopefully only one mag, cause I usually only carry the mag that's in the gun. That's still 15 rounds of .40 ... 16 if I wanted to carry +1.

DanM

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Man, I always feel prepared for one, but FOUR? I don't know if I can shoot fast enough!

Be aware of the choke points in your house (doors, stairs, windows, etc.) and use them.

The first choke point is the point of invasion entry, door or window, and if you are armed and can immediately suppress it, do so. If not, retreat to a point where you arearmed and at the ready, and have a choke point (doorway, hallway, stairway) between you and the BG's and set up to defend it. If a BG breaches orwill about to successfully breach the choke point and you can retreat beyond another choke point, do so.The point is, it is better to force the BG's to have to go throughchoke points you are defending than for you to go into or be ina room with BG's in it.

lil_freak_66

imported post

yall think these two are related?

(referring to this and the recent lansing incident)

groups of four invading MI homes seems to be getting more common...

Wiz

imported post

Of course it was near Oak Street. What else is new?

I keep telling all of my friends down that way to arm themselves. Of course, that neighborhood is made up of INCREDIBLY anti-gun people, who would rather lose everything they own and risk the lives their loved ones and themselves, then DARE be caught with something as evil as a gun in their bedroom.

I swear to God they need to up police in that area or at least have someone convince the ignorant liberal arts kids who inhabit it that protecting yourself is a GOOD thing.

Because that whole area of Kalamazoo has been going down for a few years.