Thread: OC and the Sheriffs Dept.

Post imported post

Had a cordial 5 min. conversation with a Buffalo County Sheriffs Deputy yesterday while shopping in a local convenience store. The deputy was plain clothes, probably off duty. Not one word mentioned about my carry piece. I carry a stainless full sized 1911 cocked and locked, strong side in a belt slide holster with two stainless mags weak side. He did not appear to be armed.

I was pleased.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

hardballer wrote:
    Had a cordial 5 min. conversation with a Buffalo County Sheriffs Deputy yesterday while shopping in a local convenience store. The deputy was plain clothes, probably off duty. Not one word mentioned about my carry piece. I carry a stainless full sized 1911 cocked and locked, strong side in a belt slide holster with two stainless mags weak side. He did not appear to be armed.

I was pleased.
    not all of them are weenies just some.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Well Done!

As we have more positive interactions like this with LEO, there will be fewer knee jerk reactions from LEO (I hope).

Carry On!

Post imported post

"He did not appear to be armed"

I'm sure you know what to look for as far as printing, sagging belt, etc., but that doesn't mean he wasn't armed.

I know a lot of depts have policies against OCing when off duty. I hope he was carrying. I'd hate for him to run into a "client" and be caught off guard.

Chances are if he feels citizens should be armed, he was, too.

Either way, thumbs up...

Post imported post

It's always gratifying to have a good experience with LEOs. I've had many over the years over a number of issues, and one over my OC. Too bad there are always those loudmouths who don't believe that citizens should be able to exercise their rights, and also too bad there are too many loudmouth citizens as well who make trouble for the rest of us.

I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

It's always good to have an honest chat with a decent, hardworking cop. They really are good people for the most part, some of them (as I've been learning) unfortunately spoil it for the good ones.

As long as someone's carrying legally, I see no need to hassle them. Maybe ask what they carry, what kinda holster, Glock vs XD, you know.