• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Robbery

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Recently where I live their has been a rash of House break-ins.

Both robbery's were in the middle of the day the suspects wore suits and ties trench coats. And occurred within 15 Min's of each other.

The robbers knew when they were gone this particular time within 45 Min of them leaving and coming back this tells me they know the neighborhood they have watched the neighborhood.

Now I am always wearing a .45 openly carried G21. I walk my neighborhood several times a week. If I clean my Rem 870 it's always out on the porch my wife won't let me clean them inside.

That day I was gone for almost 2hrs I found my door unlocked when I got home my kids did not pull it shut all the way. I had no cars in the driveway and my electronics are almost double what was stolen.

Any thoughts on this subject ???????

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Recently where I live their has been a rash of House break-ins.

Both robbery's were in the middle of the day
They were burglaries, not robberies.

76-6-301. Robbery.
(1) A person commits robbery if:
(a) the person unlawfully and intentionally takes or attempts to take personal property in the possession of another from his person, or immediate presence, against his will, by means of force or fear, and with a purpose or intent to deprive the person permanently or temporarily of the personal property; or
(b) the person intentionally or knowingly uses force or fear of immediate force against another in the course of committing a theft or wrongful appropriation.
(2) An act is considered to be "in the course of committing a theft or wrongful appropriation" if it occurs:
(a) in the course of an attempt to commit theft or wrongful appropriation;
(b) in the commission of theft or wrongful appropriation; or
(c) in the immediate flight after the attempt or commission.
(3) Robbery is a felony of the second degree.

76-6-202. Burglary.
(1) An actor is guilty of burglary if he enters or remains unlawfully in a building or any portion of a building with intent to commit:
(a) a felony;
(b) theft;
(c) an assault on any person;
(d) lewdness, a violation of Subsection 76-9-702(1);
(e) sexual battery, a violation of Subsection 76-9-702(3);
(f) lewdness involving a child, in violation of Section 76-9-702.5; or
(g) voyeurism against a child under Subsection 76-9-702.7(2) or (5).
(2) Burglary is a felony of the third degree unless it was committed in a dwelling, in which event it is a felony of the second degree.
(3) A violation of this section is a separate offense from any of the offenses listed in Subsections (1)(a) through (g), and which may be committed by the actor while he is in the building.

Thelukaskezik

imported post

funny side note: in North Carolina (where i grew up) the only difference between robbery and burglary was that burglary happened at night.

but i do think that when people in the neighborhood see you carry, they do form certain opinions of you. and if they have a thief's mindset, they're going to think twice about your house if they know their life is on the line for a few grand.

rpyne

imported post

Last summer my neighbors on both sides experienced thefts from their yards and outbuildings. I have as much, if not more, equipment stored outdoors, but was not touched. I have wondered if by some chance the two signs on my front door and that I OC most of the time while working in the yard may have been the difference.