Thread: Are there any San Diego open carry clubs/meets?

Post imported post

Hello,

I am new here so I figured why not post today. I will not lie I had no idea I could legally carry in CA. I am trying to learn local/state laws more just to be on the safe side. I believe every law abiding citizen should be carrying a legal weapon I think it wards off crime.

I do not own a pistol at the moment but have been looking at various pistols for range practice. I am not new to firearms though as I am in the military and I own a pretty nice plinker which is a GSG-5.

Pretty much just trying to get more information and to help spread the word about our rights as well by having regular local San Diego meets. Are there any currently? If not there should be and if anyone would be interested in creating a meet? I know right after this post I will be spreading the word around at work and to friends that own pistols to utilize their right.

Post imported post

Welcome to the board-

Currently most of the San Diego contingent is abiding by a request to stand down until incorporation by the leaders over at Calguns.net.

If you are in SD, you will probably want to contact pullnshoot25, as he is pretty well dialed in on the legalities as well as the local gun scene.

Be sure to visit californiaopencarry.com and do some homework before strapping on your heat...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Thanks for the update.

Post imported post

I wouldn't say most of San Diego is standing down. I usually set up a meet each month after the So Cal meetup and have about 10-20 people show up. I didn't set one up in Dec. because I was extremely busy with the family. I will be sure to set one up in Jan. Welcome to OCDO.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Post imported post

I'm not standing down. I carry for personal protection. I inform the public, if the occasion arises. To quote an old phrase, "Don't leave home without it"
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Someone rang?