• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are there any San Diego open carry clubs/meets?

projectNEON

imported post

Hello,

I am new here so I figured why not post today. I will not lie I had no idea I could legally carry in CA. I am trying to learn local/state laws more just to be on the safe side. I believe every law abiding citizen should be carrying a legal weapon I think it wards off crime.

I do not own a pistol at the moment but have been looking at various pistols for range practice. I am not new to firearms though as I am in the military and I own a pretty nice plinker which is a GSG-5.

Pretty much just trying to get more information and to help spread the word about our rights as well by having regular local San Diego meets. Are there any currently? If not there should be and if anyone would be interested in creating a meet? I know right after this post I will be spreading the word around at work and to friends that own pistols to utilize their right.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Welcome to the board-

Currently most of the San Diego contingent is abiding by a request to stand down until incorporation by the leaders over at Calguns.net.

If you are in SD, you will probably want to contact pullnshoot25, as he is pretty well dialed in on the legalities as well as the local gun scene.

Be sure to visit californiaopencarry.com and do some homework before strapping on your heat...

chewy352

imported post

I wouldn't say most of San Diego is standing down. I usually set up a meet each month after the So Cal meetup and have about 10-20 people show up. I didn't set one up in Dec. because I was extremely busy with the family. I will be sure to set one up in Jan. Welcome to OCDO.

Gundude

imported post

I'm not standing down. I carry for personal protection. I inform the public, if the occasion arises. To quote an old phrase, "Don't leave home without it"