Thread: Lunch After Va Beach Gun Show

Post imported post

Hey everyone gonna head up to the gun show in Va Beach this Saturday. I plan on being there around 815 cause I am hell bent on getting the best deal on a WASR10 or a S&W 629 so gotta be first in line. Topic in hand, gonna eat somewhere for lunch after wards around 11-12 but not familiar with that side so was hoping someone would take the leap in planning lol. I do rather like Moe's they have some awesome burritos. Any suggestions?

Mick

Post imported post

OOPS... Sorry Bro. I didn't even see this post. See you there!

Don't forget to check the price of the WASR at the USMC Exchange before you go to the show. They may have it cheaper.

mike
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

I might be out there with a mate of mine.

We'll be the two long-hairs arguing over a box of 9MM.

19th and Birdneck is the neighborhood. There's 501 City Grill right around the corner, The Raven on 11th and Atlantic (OC there couple times a year), Beach Pub on Laskin... LOADS of options.

I don't know where the nearest Moe's is, but there's a Qdoba (essentially the same thing) at Republic & Virginia Beach Blvd about 1½ mile back from the beach.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

wylde007 wrote:
    I don't know where the nearest Moe's is, but there's a Qdoba (essentially the same thing) at Republic & Virginia Beach Blvd about 1½ mile back from the beach.
    Haha wylde funny thing is I meant to say Qdoba. I like Qdoba a little better then Moe's but was so used to eating at Moe's here and Qdoba when I was stationed in South Dakota that I regularly confuse the 2.

Mick

Post imported post

And I've carried many times in that Qdoba. They have a little fridge at the register with Corona in it.

Gotta OC. Gotta love it!

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

Of course the Raven is OC friendly. Lots of folks that worka couple milesdown the beach CC there as well. Its been Their Turf and hangout for a very long time. Y'all know the bunch I'm talking about. They like swimming and jumping out of perfectly good aircraft at very high altitudes and like to grow beards and wear their hair long. Nuff said. Great folks to have on your side. Bad idea to annoy them or get on their wrong side.

I've been wandering OT, so back ON topic... Qdoba sounds nice, too. Isn't that the place with legendary monster burritos?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Yep I always get the "Homewrecker" lol. Gonna head up there around noon hope to see yal there.

Mick

Post imported post

I hope your afternoon went well. I'm bound out there tomorrow and then to the range. I ended up having something come up today.

Post imported post

Long, double lines to get in around 11 this morning. Once inside, aisles were pretty packed. Georgia Arms had a pretty fair supply of .45ACP (minus the three bags I quickly purchased). Nice display of the BAR (never fired, of course) and the M60 with linked 7.62 on the full auto table. Prices still a bit high I thought....and btw folks, plain Jane-looking Lugers for $4000+++++ come on now!

Post imported post

A friend of mine called me and also remarked on the GA Arms dealer. Good news, though no 9MM.

Said one guy had some reclaimed LEO S&W revolvers that looked good and another with some stripped AR lowers.

Post imported post

Had a great time bought (2) 40rd Mags for the AK, 300rds of 7.62, some new springs for my Beretta 96FS, and got the card of a local (VA Beach) guy that does dura coat finishes on firearms so I am going to get Urban Digital Camo on my Beretta lol.

Post imported post

IamMick wrote:
    ... dura coat finishes on firearms so I am going to get Urban Digital Camo on my Beretta lol.
    Something like...

Post imported post

or

Post imported post

Haha funny no more like.