• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol Packin Barista (Vid at bottom of page)

brianstone1985

imported post

Hey hope everyone enjoys this one!

I have been talking to my wife about carrying for months... she still hasn't decided but said stories like this help a ton. If your wife/GF are in the same boat it might be worth a showing.

http://www.kxly.com/news/22089081/detail.html

Note:
In a different news channel broadcast the girl mentioned that she was a little late to work that morning as she had to re-load the pistol.

-Brian

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

17 year old male is called a Man.
20 year old females are called Teens.

Don't you love the media? News stations?

Hey look, they even got her to show her gun, with a round, in her hand!

Oooooh dramatic!

tannerwaterbury

imported post

The only thing I don't get is, if the "kid" is being charged as an adult, then why is the police/sheriff not releasing his name? If he has the balls to try and rob a person, then he also has the balls to get his name released. Anyways, good for that lady!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They will release his name once the prosecutor has filed the paperwork as an adult. The sheriff doesn't want to be made to look silly of the prosecutor changes his mind.

erps

imported post

Seems only fair that the Barista ought to get to keep the robber's gun, especially if he left it on her counter. (after a check to see if it's stolen of course)

Metalhead47

imported post

Cool looks like a Kel-Tec P9 or P11. Got my wife the same thing for Christmas (but in two-tone:cool:).

Just need to tweak the concept a little for the Seattle market: pistol-packin' bikini baristas! :celebrate

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Cool looks like a Kel-Tec P9 or P11. Got my wife the same thing for Christmas (but in two-tone:cool:).

Just need to tweak the concept a little for the Seattle market: pistol-packin' bikini baristas! :celebrate
Yes I am there. I wouldn't care if the coffee was horrible.

Stretch

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Metalhead47 wrote:

Yes I am there. I wouldn't care if the coffee was horrible.
I'll hoist a cup of mud to that as well! I think I'll suggest that to the local barista, I'd love to see her with a 1911 strapped to a thong.... LOL

tannerwaterbury

imported post

SUDDEN BRILLIANT IDEA JUST HIT ME! Let's open a coffee stand called "Open Carry Coffee!" And have some open carry bikini clad chicks serve some delicious coffee! ... too much?

massivedesign

imported post

tannerwaterbury wrote:
SUDDEN BRILLIANT IDEA JUST HIT ME! Let's open a coffee stand called "Open Carry Coffee!" And have some open carry bikini clad chicks serve some delicious coffee! ... too much?
Terrible idea!!!! I can't even fathom how much gas I would waste to have to go get my morning cup-o-joe.. Yet still, I would.. Just to support the local OC'ers.. Yhea, that's my excuse..

Now, Olympia Open Carry Coffee.. That's a BRILLIANT idea.. lol

joeroket

imported post

tannerwaterbury wrote:

I would call it "The OC Coffee Co.". That would surely bring attention to it because of that dumb show on TV.

Stretch

imported post

Brilliant.png
tannerwaterbury wrote:

Metalhead47

imported post

i wonder, might this be the way to get the positive exposure we're always talking about, while presenting the subject in an inviting, non-combative manner? one of those lil coffee huts is fairly inexpensive, someone here may even have a high end espresso maker available.

and whatever the public reaction, we can be sure, IT WOULD GET NEWS COVERAGE!

maybe put it across the street from nickels house.

yes, i agree, brilliant!

amzbrady

imported post

i'm just glad for her, that it turned out like it did. Coulda wound up really bad in a hurry, and for what a couple hundred bucks. Maybe her hubby should get her a holster. Not to handy having a gun just out of reach.