Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy Federal Credit Union Gun Ban Push Back

Post imported post

I am bothered by the NFCU policy, so I sent an e-mail to the CEO and ask that others do the same.

The BIG plan:

If we do not get an appropriate response to our letters, I recommend that we work to replace the NFCU board. We have lots of NFCU members and connections. If the board is indeed anti gun then as members of the credit union, we should take steps to ensure our own security.

My email to the NFCU CEO:

Mr Dawson,

Subject: Navy FCU Firearms Policy

I have been an NFCU member for 26 years. I am honorably retired from the U.S. Navy. It is very offensive to me that NFCU wishes to disarm me before I enter the credit union. It is one of the enumerated rights that I fought hard to defend.

Most establishments have a simple policy of following state law. I often make significant withdrawals from NFCU. Will NFCU guarantee my safety and security in the credit union and in the parking lot? No, of course not. That is a personal responsibility, but one which NFCU is now needlessly interfering with.

Please set a reasonable firearms policy of following state law and stop interfering with members ability to provide for their own security.

Thank you for your time.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I did not know about this as I do not live near any NFCU branches, But I will watch this and vote appropriately.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

The NFCU's in my location are on base, so I'm screwed regardless.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Federal military installations = GFZ. Just another example of the fact that The Bill of Rights is worthless.

Edited for proper capitalization.

Post imported post

Bayport CU, formerly Newport News Shipbuilding Employees CU does not prohibit firearms, and that it why I do all my transactions there.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

Here is the response from NAVY FCU:

Navy Federal Response 01/07/2010 :Thank you for using Navy Federal’s eMessaging Service. Please excuse the delay in our reply. Navy Federal does not allow firearms within our branches. The only exception to this policy are firearms in the possession of law enforcement officers. We appreciate your understanding of this matter. Should you have any questions, please let us know.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

So, how many Navy federal CU members do we have on the forum?

As a member owned credit union we have the power to nominate candidates for the board of directors who can change the corporate and target Dawson and any other gun prohibitionists in Navy FCU's management.

Post imported post

Here......Active Duty Navy, but I'm stationed in Hawaii, so I can't carry here.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

My brother and I are both members of NFCU, as well as having 2 business accounts and loan/credit card accounts with them as well. I have been asked not to carry in the branch on Newtown Rd.

Post imported post

I am a member, but have no branch within several hundred miles.......
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

I am a member, have been since 1975.
    Dave
    http://www.survivalfox.com/
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom". - John F. Kennedy, former U.S. President

Post imported post

dfox wrote:
    I am a member, have been since 1975.
    Hmm 1980 for me, I was 10 years old, and my Dad took me in to get a checking account. :celebrate
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

Me and all of my family members are NFCU members. Father, mother, bro, sis, wife, children. I thought it was ridiculous when they asked me to remove my hat when I came in. Now I do all I can at the ATM or the drive up. At least they can't say I can't protect myself outside.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

We should try to organize a campaign to place board members who will over turn the ban. My wife and I have been members for over 30 years.

Post imported post

JosephMingle wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Federal military installations = GFZ. Just another example of the fact that The Bill of Rights is worthless.
    Not really. If you live on base, carry to/from is allowed. Just have to separate the gun from the ammo. They infringe on the right to carry in the manner to which we're accustomed, but not carry itself.

Now, if you're off-base, definately bad ju-ju and you're right - it's a GFZ. Thus, I rarely give any businesses on base my business, unless necessary.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

Navy Fed sucks anyways I'm done doing business with them for more reasons than this.

Post imported post

since9 wrote:
    JosephMingle wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Not really. If you live on base, carry to/from is allowed. Just have to separate the gun from the ammo. They infringe on the right to carry in the manner to which we're accustomed, but not carry itself.

Now, if you're off-base, definately bad ju-ju and you're right - it's a GFZ. Thus, I rarely give any businesses on base my business, unless necessary.
    I'm in the off Base catagory. And, retired last summer
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

I've already Closed all my accounts with Navy Federal because they called the cops on me.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum41/35238.html

Post imported post

My wife and I went into the Navy Fed Credit Union today in Fredericksburg, VA while we were both OC'ing, no comments or unusual looks. Completed the paperwork and opened an account, getting tired of BofA.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

NFCU member since joined when I started my service in '98. This REALLY surprises me. I've paid 13 loans off and given them great service for the great service they've given me. I've never tried to OC in there. I really don't want to start with another bank, so I'm down for voting other board members in or giving them a chance to change policy. How long has this been policy active and who voted them to paper is the question I want answered!

Banned

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Here is the response from NAVY FCU:

Navy Federal Response 01/07/2010 :Thank you for using Navy Federal’s eMessaging Service. Please excuse the delay in our reply. Navy Federal does not allow firearms within our branches. The only exception to this policy are firearms in the possession of law enforcement officers. We appreciate your understanding of this matter. Should you have any questions, please let us know.
    So, in summary:

You: Please don't.

Them: We do.

Good communication skills NFCU!

Pull your money. Keep the account open long enough to vote against the current board. Then, close your account. That's how I'd handle it.

Post imported post

streetdoc wrote:
    My wife and I went into the Navy Fed Credit Union today in Fredericksburg, VA while we were both OC'ing, no comments or unusual looks. Completed the paperwork and opened an account, getting tired of BofA.
    I suspect it was because:

1. You were both carrying.

2. She's female.

People react quite differently to a female whose OC'ing than they do a male. Prejudice? Yes, but only in part - males commit many times the armed robberies as do females.

The other factor is that there were two of you, which undermines the "idiot with a gun" mindset. Some people think of a lone aremed citizen as an idiot, whereas when they see two armed citizens together, they start thinking more along the lines of "off-duty policemen?" "plainclothesmen?"

As for Navy Fed CU banning law-abiding, honorably discharged veterans from carrying on their premises, they deserve to loose our business!

I didn't spend twenty years dodging icing, thunderstorms, cumulous granite, other aircraft, UAVs, and small arms fire protecting our freedoms just to have some ignorant knucklehead attempt to strip me of the rights I defended for the "privelage" of doing business with him. The privelage is having people such as each and every one of us as customers, and when that's trod upon, the Navy Fed CU looses that privelage.

I'm off to close my account this afternoon and transfer my funds to another bank with whom I've been doing business for nearly a year and who has absolutely no issues whatsoever with open carry in their branch.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Post imported post

Subject: Since9 Policy on Banking and Civic Duty

Thank you for clarifying your position with respect to your intent to strip my rights as granted by our U.S. Constitutional and the Colorado Revised Statutes.

As you may know, I served our country as an officer in the United States Air Force for more than twenty years, retiring under honorable conditions approximately one year ago. A little more than twenty-one years ago,I raised my right hand so that I may have the honor and privalage of doing my civic duty by serving my country.

As a retiree, my civic duty to protect self, others, and property from harm or infringementcontinues unabated. In this line of duty, I choose to carry a firearm commensurate with local, state, and federal law.

I am saddened to see your organization, which carries the title of one of our oldest branches of the military service, take steps which infringe upon the freedoms for which we fought, and for which some of my friends have died. Your choice discredits not only the Navy, whom my father served honorably for more than 30 years, but all branches of the service.

Please close all my accounts with Navy Federal Credit Union without further delay, and transfer all funds to **************************, Account # *************.

Sincerely,

//signed//

Since9

Post imported post

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

Thanks for the big smiley, t33j. That's a few dozen in interest they'll be missing every month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast