• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cobo Arena carry question

blackhawk2000

imported post

My kid wants to go see walking with the dinosaurs at Cobo Arena. It's over 2500 seating capacity. I know CC is not legal because of this. But what about OC? Is this state owned, and if it is, they have to let me OC right?

Also do they have metal detectors there?

Thanks for the help.

Also I don't remember the guys name, but I met one of you at the last Mt. Clemens show. It was a pleasure to meet you. I was making the holsters.

John

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

blackhawk2000 wrote:
My kid wants to go see walking with the dinosaurs at Cobo Arena. It's over 2500 seating capacity. I know CC is not legal because of this. But what about OC? Is this state owned, and if it is, they have to let me OC right?

Also do they have metal detectors there?

Thanks for the help.

Also I don't remember the guys name, but I met one of you at the last Mt. Clemens show. It was a pleasure to meet you. I was making the holsters.

John
Please add at your location to your profile - click on "My Account" button after logging in. Helps with responding to posts that are location specific.

Also this probably should have been posted to the site for that state - not to worry though as the moderators will likely move it when your locatio is known.

BTW - welcome aboard OCDO - lots of good people and info here.

Yata hey

jeeper1

imported post

According to the link provided, the Cobo arena is in Detroit mi.
Thanks for the link.

blackhawk2000

imported post

Sorry I thought the web site was MI specific.

I know it's off limits for CC, but I was wondering if OC was GTG.

T Vance

imported post

You could try to OC there (legally you can as long as yu have a CPL), but I don't believe it is city owned. They can ask you to leave with your gun, or tell you that it is not welcome. I hav been to several concerts there and they used metal detectors then.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

blackhawk2000 wrote:
Sorry I thought the web site was MI specific.

I know it's off limits for CC, but I was wondering if OC was GTG.
Hey John I(scott) was the one set up next to you at Mt. Clemens. Both Cobo and Joe Louis are city owned properties. However they are leased out to private companies and are not the same as city offices. The private companies can exercise private property rights as they are the tenant of the property.

lapeer20m

imported post

Hey John I(scott) was the one set up next to you at Mt. Clemens. Both Cobo and Joe Louis are city owned properties. However they are leased out to private companies and are not the same as city offices. The private companies can exercise private property rights as they are the tenant of the property.
So city government can "lease" away our inalienable rights?

a question about cobo...i know this thread was originally about cobo arena, but what about cobo hall where the auto show takes place? An "EXPO CENTER" is not an entertainment facility, is it? The purpose of an expo is for manufacturers to show off their goods.

i would like to go to the auto show, but would be way more comfortable downtown if i had the ability to defend myself.