Thread: Savannah, GA Open Carry

Post imported post

I gotquestioned by the police today at a gas station about openly carrying my 40 cal. I showed him my GA permit and he continued to ask questions on and on and on. He didn't back off until he noticed my Military ID. I usually do not open carry unless I have my children with me. I guess I am so used to having a pistol with me that I didn't realize that it wasn't concealed.

Post imported post

us_soldier wrote:
    I gotquestioned by the police today at a gas station about openly carrying my 40 cal. I showed him my GA permit and he continued to ask questions on and on and on. He didn't back off until he noticed my Military ID. I usually do not open carry unless I have my children with me. I guess I am so used to having a pistol with me that I didn't realize that it wasn't concealed.
    LOL same thing happened to me one time.
    Welcome to OCDO and thanks for serving our country.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Him: "I carry my gun concealed"
    Me: "You're not very good at it"
    Him: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "I know you have a gun"
    End of conversation.

Post imported post

us_soldier wrote:
    you actually are exempt from needing a GA permit because you are military.....see GA code 16-11-130 (3) any military member of the state or fed govt are exempt just like a cop in GA..... also State off limits locations dont apply to you.... like church,political rallies,govt buildings like police stations court houses etc etc etc

Post imported post

Yeah, but some police do not know that. That is why I carry 16-11-130 with me.

Post imported post

yeah and its the same law that exempts them lol

Post imported post

Today I am OC at Keller's Flea Market. I had no problems last time. People usually dont make a big deal about it when I have one of my daughters with me.

Post imported post

It'skinda hard to conceal a full size Hi-Point 40 S&W.

Post imported post

I OC'd my Charter Arms .38 Special Undercover for the first time today. I went to the gas station to buy a soda. There just so happen to be 3 Police Officers inside. Two of the Officers didn't say anything. The Officer that was getting coffee turned slightly toward me and said, "Is that a Smith & Wesson?" I replied, "No, Charter Arms." My OC experiance went well today.