Thread: this is why I carry

Post imported post

http://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/in..._after_re.html

It happened it the day about 3 or 4 blocks from home!!!

Post imported post

Yeah. This one happened at the corner store at the end of my street.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/a...t-in-Pennfield

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

" Posted by taber32 January 01, 2010, 2:54AM I believe it was one of those "open carry" gun guys. They shouldnt have guns if they cant be responsible!!!!!!!!!

Lovely.

-Richard-

Post imported post

office888 wrote:
    " Posted by taber32 January 01, 2010, 2:54AM I believe it was one of those "open carry" gun guys. They shouldnt have guns if they cant be responsible!!!!!!!!!

Lovely.

-Richard-
    Yeah, read Taber32's last 3 comments.

http://connect.mlive.com/user/taber32/index.html

Post imported post

Tabor is just trying to sound important ... we all know it wasn't an open carry guy but rather a drunk new years eve reveler.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Tabor is just trying to sound important ... we all know it wasn't an open carry guy but rather a drunk new years eve reveler.
    Some people are just extremely insecure. I wonder if it's the same Tabor I think I've seen on gun forums.

Post imported post

It is not safe anywhere.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    DD?

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    DD?
    Actually, I think I remember seeing the screen name "Tabor" on some of the gun forums (can't remember which one).

Just one more elitist gun owner who is our own worst enemy.

Post imported post

I have a very easy reason as to why to carry (or barricade oneself in your home)

Around my house last night it sounded much like the war zone footage sounds from Iraq and Afganistan. At least one FA or converted AK-47 was heard, multiple shotguns, rifles and large caliber handguns were also heard. Scariest was the FA, it wasn't that far away and was heard letting of strings at multiple times so the good guys didnt find it or didnt want to find it.

No damage to the car or house that I could find in a quick search today. But a nervious night spent in a sleeping bag away from all the windows I could get away from. Kinda sucks to know there is all that firepower around in the hands of dummys.

Radioman

Post imported post

I carry 24/7 wherever legal to do so because I am alive 24/7.It is my duty to protect the life God gave me,and others,because I am my brothers keeper also,24/7.There is no question in my mind where to carry because there have been no place here on earth where murder,robbery,rape or assaults haven't taken place.Wherever people are able to be,there is always the ability of a person to commit aviolent crime.That is the simple unadulterated truth that our founders understood.People commit crimes against people,so wherever people are,thats where I carry,to protect myself and others against these kind of people.That is the same common sense that Ben Franklin and our founders espoused,understood and enshrined in our founding documents!God Bless the USA! AMEN!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

spent new years eve with my marlin 1895 .44 mag slung on my shoulder, and my xd-40 under my jacket.

had three vehicles approach my section of the "dead end", and suddenly decide to go somewhere else.

sounded like a war zone out there, only four shots anywhere near close though, and that was a few blocks away, I wasn't about to go investigate.

all in all, a lot quieter than this time last year.

Post imported post

This is why the wife & I make it a habit of staying home on New Years Eve.
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Post imported post

This just happened about 3 miles from my house.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/a...rts-of-gunfire

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine