• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this is why I carry

office888

imported post

" Posted by taber32 January 01, 2010, 2:54AM I believe it was one of those "open carry" gun guys. They shouldnt have guns if they cant be responsible!!!!!!!!!

Lovely.

-Richard-

ghostrider

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Tabor is just trying to sound important ... we all know it wasn't an open carry guy but rather a drunk new years eve reveler.
Some people are just extremely insecure. I wonder if it's the same Tabor I think I've seen on gun forums.

ghostrider

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Tabor is just trying to sound important ... we all know it wasn't an open carry guy but rather a drunk new years eve reveler.
DD? :lol:
Actually, I think I remember seeing the screen name "Tabor" on some of the gun forums (can't remember which one).

Just one more elitist gun owner who is our own worst enemy.

Radioman

imported post

I have a very easy reason as to why to carry (or barricade oneself in your home)

Around my house last night it sounded much like the war zone footage sounds from Iraq and Afganistan. At least one FA or converted AK-47 was heard, multiple shotguns, rifles and large caliber handguns were also heard. Scariest was the FA, it wasn't that far away and was heard letting of strings at multiple times so the good guys didnt find it or didnt want to find it.

No damage to the car or house that I could find in a quick search today. But a nervious night spent in a sleeping bag away from all the windows I could get away from. Kinda sucks to know there is all that firepower around in the hands of dummys.

Radioman

Haman J.T.

imported post

I carry 24/7 wherever legal to do so because I am alive 24/7.It is my duty to protect the life God gave me,and others,because I am my brothers keeper also,24/7.There is no question in my mind where to carry because there have been no place here on earth where murder,robbery,rape or assaults haven't taken place.Wherever people are able to be,there is always the ability of a person to commit aviolent crime.That is the simple unadulterated truth that our founders understood.People commit crimes against people,so wherever people are,thats where I carry,to protect myself and others against these kind of people.That is the same common sense that Ben Franklin and our founders espoused,understood and enshrined in our founding documents!God Bless the USA! AMEN!

joshuaeberly

imported post

spent new years eve with my marlin 1895 .44 mag slung on my shoulder, and my xd-40 under my jacket.

had three vehicles approach my section of the "dead end", and suddenly decide to go somewhere else.

sounded like a war zone out there, only four shots anywhere near close though, and that was a few blocks away, I wasn't about to go investigate.

all in all, a lot quieter than this time last year.