• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at Walmart

ATM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hmm... seems none of the Indiana Wal-Marts I've OCed in got that memo. :cool:

Brian D.

imported post

Hbarnett1, do some searching around in these forums--I can assure you that you have not gotten the final, nationwide answer on this matter. All you've really accomplished is a (verbal via phone) prohibition for yourself in regards to open carrying a firearm in that particular WM.

Calling ahead on such matters very rarely yields a positive result in regards to firearms rights issues. Probably be better off not doing that again.

hbarnett1

imported post

Brian D,Sounds like to me you are calling me stupid for calling to find out policy at Walmart stores on the open carry issue.If you don't beleive what I said in my posting,why don't you call there and ask for the store manager.He more or less told me if anyone doubts that the information In my posting is true,contact him,and he will tell you in no uncertain terms what the policy on open carry of firearms is.Seems to me you just enjoy the unwanted attention of showing up somewhere,open carrying just to attract attention to yourself.

It's not really about your rights after all is it?Does the attention make you feel important?Yeah,I thought so.:cuss:

langzaiguy

imported post

Barnett, I don't doubt your story one bit, but I still see no point in calling ahead. I don't know what you thought the outcome would be--certainly not a welcome mat or red carpet. I'm sure the manager fed you some BS about a policy that doesn't exist. In the future, I wouldn't call anyone to verify your legal rights that you already know exist. It's not that we like creating a spectacle--actually, that's pretty much the opposite reaction that we're looking for.

Brian D.

imported post

hbarnett1 wrote:
Brian D,Sounds like to me you are calling me stupid for calling to find out policy at Walmart stores on the open carry issue.If you don't beleive what I said in my posting,why don't you call there and ask for the store manager.He more or less told me if anyone doubts that the information In my posting is true,contact him,and he will tell you in no uncertain terms what the policy on open carry of firearms is.Seems to me you just enjoy the unwanted attention of showing up somewhere,open carrying just to attract attention to yourself.

It's not really about your rights after all is it?Does the attention make you feel important?Yeah,I thought so.:cuss:

Trying to share the collective experience of myself and many other folks was all, in regards to the fact that calling ahead about carry rights rarely gets one a positive response.

You presume so much incorrectly about me that it's been my biggest laugh of the year, so far. Most of the time I carry concealed, fwiw. And my open carry experiences have been dull as dishwater for the most part, which is more or less how I like my days to go. Thanks for the personal attack though, andplease keep on posting! SometimesI need cheering up. :)

Carcharodon

imported post

Why the hell would you call to ask permission? What did you think the answer would be?

"Sounds like to me you are calling me stupid for calling to find out policy at Walmart stores on the open carry issue." Sounds like you hit the nail on the head

wolfman90

imported post

Now I am not saying that what you were told was false byany means, but you may have just been talking to an anti-gun store manager. I personally am a Wal-mart empoyee in Southern Indiana and, not that I see it a lot, we treat ocing customers just as regular customers. There is no manager/security personal that asks them to cover it up, no look out man with a gun yells, just people shopping minding their own business. Just wanted to say that just because one store manager told you about this policy doesn't mean that it is a company wide enforced policy that may or may not accually exist.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I would like to add my comment to this disscusion.

Calling ahead anywhere is never a good idea. I would recomend showing up and shopping and you will get a much more positive outcome.

I don't understand why after reading this fourm you would want to call Wal-Mart. In the future just show up and shop.

BTW calling police departments about your plans to open carry would not be recomended either just in case that was your next phone call.

Just open carry and know the laws where you can or can't go with your firearm it's just that simple.

hbarnett1

imported post

I called to find out what their policy is because there are so many idiots on this site that don't know what they are talking about.I've heard 20 different stories on here,that is the reason I called.I just wanted to know what they would tell me,out of my own curiosity,nothing more.I did not leave my name,and I went shopping there about an hour later,with my weapon concealed,as I usually do.So just drop it people,I just thought you might like to hear what I was told.Quit making this into something that it is not.That is all I have to say on this subject.Get a life you freaking losers,that don't have anything better to do with yourself but sitting around trying to stir sh*t.:banghead:

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Wow really hmmmmm

Should you even own a firearm if you get this worked up over a post ???????

Please calm down like many other rights I enjoy my Freadom of Speech.

You really should be carefull who you are calling idiots and losers. Stop throwing a fit like a 2 Year old child.

langzaiguy

imported post

Haha wow, I'm tempted to take barnett's advice and stir it up even more! This is some good drama--anger, lies, and tears.

/gets popcorn

Squeak

imported post

hbarnett1 wrote:
I called to find out what their policy is because there are so many idiots on this site that don't know what they are talking about.I've heard 20 different stories on here,that is the reason I called.I just wanted to know what they would tell me,out of my own curiosity,nothing more.I did not leave my name,and I went shopping there about an hour later,with my weapon concealed,as I usually do.So just drop it people,I just thought you might like to hear what I was told.Quit making this into something that it is not.That is all I have to say on this subject.
Someone needs a nap!

protect our rights

Love how the people on this forum attacked a guy for reporting what wal-mart said to him. I think you guys were the ones that need to take a nap. Now call ahead, not something I would do. Then again attack a guy for his thought is not something I would do either...

bigtim6656

I went to the desk did a money gram and talked up the nice pretty blond, when she cracked a joke about my bad writing she said I better stop your slap me. I said no I wont, I would not slap a woman and I do not want to go to jail. She said why would you. I replyed because I slapped you and am carrying a handgun. She did not care and it was on my belt for all to see.
Though there laid back here. WHY sell the ammo then. I got more trouble out of the gun owner at the ammo counter, he said I do not believe in open carry it should be illegal, I said why. He said then every criminal knows where you gun is. I said and say LET me them, I am 6'5 490 pounds and god help anyone who thinks there going to get my gun. One why go after the guy carrying, 2 why go after the 6'5 490 pound guy carrying, 3 why go after the 6'5 490 pound guy not carrying, and 4th come after me or my gun and well walmart sells spill absorbent right. Wonder if it collects blood?
I will open or CC any place I legally can, and if they say leave I will, never to return

bigtim6656

I agree alittle harsh with him, I would not call, it would be like calling the bank and asking can I cash my check without ID, well their going to say no, but if your standing there with a dam I need gas money look, they might cash it
Love how the people on this forum attacked a guy for reporting what wal-mart said to him. I think you guys were the ones that need to take a nap. Now call ahead, not something I would do. Then again attack a guy for his thought is not something I would do either...

Last edited: