• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else going downtown in a few hours to watch the Space Needle fireworks?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Was going to, but rain makes the field under the space needle horrible.

Last year, they closed gates at 11:45 PM to 12:15 AM, nobody in, nobody out.

And I could smell weed EVERYWHERE. What a way to start off the new year. :dude:

grishnav

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Was going to, but rain makes the field under the space needle horrible.

Last year, they closed gates at 11:45 PM to 12:15 AM, nobody in, nobody out.

And I could smell weed EVERYWHERE. What a way to start off the new year. :dude:
Maybe I can score some! Yay!

DEROS72

imported post

Shouldn't be legal.I always tested my staff when I was working was able to weed out (pun intended) a few over the years.Yeah I fired them.

Once or twice a month I would take the rest of my staff out for drinks.

grishnav

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Shouldn't be legal.I always tested my staff when I was working was able to weed out (pun intended) a few over the years.Yeah I fired them.

because toxic addictive mind altering substances are better than nontoxic, nonaddictive ones.

anyway, gates close at 11. crazy christians out in force. rain is minimal, temp is comfirtabke. no firearms signs are out.

1245A Defender

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:

DID you hav RAS????? WAS there a trial???? i know it was your buziness, you have a right to make the rules of conduct, but its just rude to violate your employees 4thA right, just so they can do good work for their pay.

DEROS72

imported post

No they violated company policy.We did random drug test from time to time.They worked with chemicals and machinery and I didn't want the liabilty of someone getting hurt because they liked to use this crap and then wanting to sue the comapny.Not conducive to a decent margin or staff safety.I made it clear when I hired someone you don't do it anytime while working for me.I was the GM and I didn't like it anyway.

Daath 474

imported post

The same thing could happen with alcohol DEROS72, and it has been my experience to note that alcohol has far greater impairment on your motor skills than marijuana. A worker could just as easily show up drunk as he could stoned. That is why you hire responsible people that you know keep their personal life at home and conduct themselves professionally. Additionally, alcohol affects you longer and with more intensity; a person could be just as mentally impaired and clumsy with a hangover as he was drunk the night before. Marijuana only lasts four or five hours and leaves no hangover or ill effects. Alcohol is an addictive chemical that destroys brain cells, relationships, jobs, friendships and ultimately it destroys lives. Both your own and those who become a victim of your addiction. Marijuana is a natural plant that grows in the earth, has been used for centuries and has no addictive or lethal qualities. You can overdose on alcohol, but you can't overdose on marijuana. Consider all of the medicinal values that are attributed to marijuana and then think of the last time any doctor ever suggested alcohol as medicine. The legalization of hemp would bring more jobs in industry, harvesting, sales, etc. We'd never have to cut another tree for paper, clothes could be made from hemp, good rope could be produced here in the US. The benefits far outweigh the taxes spent on the failed drug war, overpopulation of prisons and ridiculous arrests of people that wouldn't harm a damn fly.

End of rant... apologies for hijacking the thread and letting off some steam.

DEROS72

imported post

I noticed folks here seem to think America should be a free for all and all things should be legal.There should be no laws .So we should give up drug wars and make it all OK .I also noticed that most seem to rdo their best to ridicule Christianitywhich without this nation could have never survived as long as it has.Butthey will defend islam the most evil ever concieved .Really look how they live in most of those places as compared to the prosperity we have enjoyed.And don't start I know there has been atrocities in the name of Christianity.I am baffled a little that no one thinks their should be any standards or morals anymore.Again I sure am glad I kept my daughters out of public schools. Anyway not the point of the Thread so I'll say no more here.

swatspyder

imported post

Telling someone not to do something, does not stop them from doing it. Teaching them when something is wrong and right does. Morals come into play way more than many people think. Marijuana can be fine when you are in your own home or are safe somewhere else. Driving under the influence of anything should be illegal. But growing and smoking marijuana at home, or drinking at home, should not be illegal.

But to outlaw marijuana on the basis that it is harmful is old and AFAIK, doesn't have any scientific backing. I believe that alcohol has been proven to be worse than marijuana with its effects on the human body.

Hemp has very many good uses, like was posted above. Alcohol has very good uses also, like rubbing alcohol for sterilization of tools and skin.

There are many countries where marijuana is legal and I don't hear many stories of marijuana gone bad. Only when it is taken with other harmful drugs.

Deros, none of what I am writing should be taken personal. This is just another viewpoint in the debate.

amzbrady

imported post

grishnav wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
grishnav wrote:
http://www.qik.com/grishnav for m occassional live shots

You need a headlight
yes i do, hah!

my phone has a small light, but qik doesn't know how toactivate it.

other than being dark, how did it come out? this is my first time messing with qik live via cellular.
when I saw it, it looked like you were walking by trees with white christmas lights on. really dark, and fuzzy. Would probably good for an OC vid if you were standing still and in a well lit area. neat feature.

Cremator75

imported post

grishnav wrote:
crazy christians out in force.

Open forum, freedom of speech, bla bla bla, I just don't see how comments like this are productive. Divisive comments always bring negative attention.

Sounds like you might need to talk to one. You might even find that the majority of them are pro 2A. If it's not your thing, no reason to run them off. Invite them to the forum. The more the merrier, Crazy Christian like me or not. It's all about our rights, not religions.

grishnav

imported post

Cremator75 wrote:
grishnav wrote:
crazy christians out in force.

Open forum, freedom of speech, bla bla bla, I just don't see how comments like this are productive. Divisive comments always bring negative attention.

No, these guys are crazy. I didn't catch it on video, but according to them, if you go to church, you are an evil person who is going to hell and dragging everyone around you along, because churches are just heathonistic profit-generating institutions filling your head with lies. Deros, being a smoker and a drinker, has unfortunately, according to them, sacrificed everyone he's even encountered to the dark lord already. By virtue of being on the same forum as Deros, you are already damned to hell, according to the crazy people at Seattle center.

Sounds like you might need to talk to one. You might even find that the majority of them are pro 2A.

I did talk to them -- or at least I tried to. I even gave them the opportunity to speak directly to the internet without interruption through my camera lense. I have video evidence that was captured and transmitted live, for christ sake! Maybe you should go talk to them.

Are you sleepy 'cause it's late or just not paying attention or what...?

I just wish I knew what they actually referred to themselves as. They were shooting their own video, supposedly for youtube, and I'd be curious to see it.

If it's not your thing, no reason to run them off.
Nope, but racism and other forms of bigotry and intolerance are, imho. Any time anyone is calling for the destruction of another human being because of what they believe, or worse, what traits they were born with, I think pretty much deserves to be ostracized.

That said, I didn't try to run them off, but the crowd sure did. I mean, at first, the tolerated the homophobic, violent, hate-filled spew of these guys, but for some reason when they added blatant racism to the mix, people finally started to switch from amused/annoyed to offended/upset.

Invite them to the forum. The more the merrier, Crazy Christian like me or not. It's all about our rights, not religions.

I doubt I would have made a good advocate after I told them all they were going to hell because they didn't believe in FSM. (Hey, it's not any sillier than their story. In fact, it is their story, with a few key details mockingly adjusted.)

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

grishnav,

Holy sh*t, I wish I was there with you, these people always, ALWAYS, stand on the corner near westlake center, with their loud speakerphones, waving their signs with cameras attached. I like to question them and be loud and attract attention in the street. Thank George Carlin for that. When that happens, they usually regroup together, and all they do is stand yelling around in a group???? They usually try to read off something from their almighty book, and use it as if it was scientific evidence.....:banghead:

On another side, your phone uploads video as you record to the internet?????

grishnav

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
I like to question them and be loud and attract attention in the street. Thank George Carlin for that. When that happens, they usually regroup together, and all they do is stand yelling around in a group???? They usually try to read off something from their almighty book, and use it as if it was scientific evidence.....:banghead:

I heckled them a little bit, but honestly, I'm more amused by religious folk than anything. The only time I have a problem is when they want to legislate their idea of morality, or otherwise somehow shove it down my throat. Like being obnoxious at a new year's gathering, for example...

One of them was preaching about the bible being the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so I asked him about all the other books that weren't selected for inclusion. He didn't like that question so much...

On another side, your phone uploads video as you record to the internet?????
Yes, via Qik. Yours might, too. http://qik.com/info/supported_phones

The activists in New Hampshire, particularly in the Keene area, have been using it to combat police who try to either delete their videos, or just outright "confiscate" their cameras and disappear them, like they did with my voice recorder in Portland. It's hard to delete a video when it's already been blasted across the internet to other waiting activists. :)

I've been wanting to experiment with it since that incident, and finally have a phone (and data plan) capable of it. Unfortunately, it's an expensive phone I don't want to lose...

It works a lot better if you can get a fast internet connection. The 256kbits of 3g just isn't enough upload power to really do it.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

grishnav wrote:
The activists in New Hampshire, particularly in the Keene area, have been using it to combat police who try to either delete their videos, or just outright "confiscate" their cameras and disappear them, like they did with my voice recorder in Portland. It's hard to delete a video when it's already been blasted across the internet to other waiting activists. :)
I was totally thinking that. Too bad I don't have a supported phone or the data plan required. Usually I have a sidekick, but that isn't supported. I've always wondered how I could do that, record live, in case of a bad police encounter, and now I know there is a way. But the cost is a nice phone and an outrageous plan.

Tell us next time a couple days to a week earlier for "mini-events", I'd love to come.

As for DEROS72, everyone was discussing marijuana, and you bring up "free for all"???

Marijuana isn't like meth, alcohol, cocaine, or even cigarettes dipped in embalming fluid. It is a relaxing plant. It grows on the earth. You don't have to add chemicals, or mix it, or anything for that matter. It comes out of the ground! And for the record, I've seen many people under the influence of marijuana, alcohol, cigarette w/ embalming fluid, and I have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, seen a violent stoner. Most of them are all slow and just chilling and having a good time.

Alcohol, and the other drugs however.....