• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else going downtown in a few hours to watch the Space Needle fireworks?

grishnav

imported post

But the cost is a nice phone and an outrageous plan.

The fully unlimited package from tmobile is $80/mo, but they have plans with unlimited data that are less expensive (I think you can get down to like $40/mo.).

You can grab a used compatible phone for less than the cost of a video camera on ebay, so long as you aren't picky...

Poosharker wrote:
As for DEROS72, everyone was discussing marijuana, and you bring up "free for all"???
To be fair, Deros was probably referring to me, since I advocate for market regulation of drugs rather than government regulation. (Which is, put another way, full legalization of all drugs.)

It's not really as radical as it sounds when you actually think about it, but getting people to think is the hard part. It's much easier for Glen Beck or Bill O'Reilly to tell you what to believe.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Crap I pressed backspace and it went back a couple pages.

Ok, I should have made the quote longer to specify what the hell I was exactly referring to.

DEROS72
noticed folks here seem to think America should be a free for all and all things should be legal.There should be no laws .So we should give up drug wars and make it all OK .
The subject was weed, not America being FFA. I personally have seen a lot of drugs in action in people, and I have never heard of "marijuana overdose" or "marijuana poisoning". Trust me on this, I am young and used to hang out with a bunch of those folks around Seattle, I've watched these dudes get high, and never once did they die, or try to hurt somebody else. Weed doesn't make you super strong and powerful, it relaxes you.

I completely understand about no drugs in the workplace. Coming to work under the influence, big no-no. But not being able to have any in your system AT ALL? That is a bit unfair. Make a WUI (working under influence) test or something. :)

America being a FFA, WOULD BE CHAOS. I would not support that, even though I would love to do whatever the F*** I want, BUT I know there will be some crazy dude/dudette, somewhere down the road that is going to f*** me up and will have more deadlier items that I will have.

Sorry for pooping in your thread grishnav, a bit off topic :(

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I agree that we shouldn't prohibit things from religous stand point. Our founding fathers were what's called "higher critics" and most were not for organized religion being involved in politics.

On the other hand I agree with Deros policy at work. I own soon to be past tense small contracting company. I have been fortunate, but have had to let go folks who were a danger to themselves and others. Have seen other companies not so fortunate and guess what they do when there is an accident, make L&I do a drug test.

A side note I am not for prohibition it doesn't stop folks from doing what they are going to do. We should get rid of our War on drugs, it makes a killing for drug dealers and causes a lot of the problems we have in the inner cities.

Also alcohol is a food and is digested by the body and works diferently than other drugs which may stay in your system for a lot longer, although it is a lot more adictive than afore mentioned marijuana, cigarets are more addictive and do much more damage to your body. I used to tell my employees if you are going to party do it Friday night but you better come to work clean and sober Monday morning. I believe what someone does on their personal time is none of my business as long as it is not effecting my business.

kparker

imported post

Poosharker.

With all due respect...

"Chemicals" aren't something you "add" to plants which are only "natural substances"... those natural substances themselves are chemicals! Ever hear of THC?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

You have a point.

But what I am trying to say is. These grew out of the dirt. They are natural. They are.... "natural chemicals"! :D

Seriously though, have you ever heard of a stoned bank robber? Stoned mugger? Stoned killer? Stoned attacker?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
You have a point.

But what I am trying to say is. These grew out of the dirt. They are natural. They are.... "natural chemicals"! :D

Seriously though, have you ever heard of a stoned bank robber? Stoned mugger? Stoned killer? Stoned attacker?
Yes I have. But there are a lot more violent crimes done by alcoholics. I have known quite a few criminals who would smoke out to calm there nerves before they pulled jobs. I don't blame the 'chemicals' for this the person is criminal not the substance.