Thread: Bay Area Open Carry Groups

Post imported post

Join the new Bay Area Open Carry Groups and pass along....

Bay Area Open Carry Facebook Group:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54043591234

Bay Area Open Carry Meetup Group:
    http://www.meetup.com/bayareaopencarry/

Post imported post

i just joined the facebook one its nice too see others around the bay area support 2a rights

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm confused. How are there 90 people in the meetup group and over 300 in the facebook group? Why aren't these people on this forum? Or are there that many lurkers?

Post imported post

The groups were previously loaned to the Alameda County Republican Party; however, due to the anti-gun voting record of many of it's members and their support of lawsuits against the Constitutional members of the committee, the groups have been converted to Bay Area Open Carry.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?p=3380369

So to answer your question, Yes. There are many people in the group that don't Open Carry.

Post imported post

I would join but then the cops that get "intel" from our sights would have a face and a name and more "intel"
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

I would join but then the cops that get "intel" from our sights would have a face and a name and more "intel"
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

You can join the Meetup group and not use your real name.

I could make the Facebook group "closed" meaning an admin has to approve members. This would make the membership and events page invisible to non-members. What do you guys think?

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    I've noticed some people here are concerned about someone getting intel from different sites on the "net".

The Gov has taken our privacy so they can protect us from terrorists.

If you think you have privacy, you are waaay wrong. Since the passage of the patriot act, our privacy is gone. They can get everything on your computer. They can monitor any phone call you make, land line or cell phone. With all the video surveilance cameras out there, they can follow your every move. Notice how many crimes are solved with these cameras. Call me paranoid, but I know this is happening and I have resloved to go on with my live in spite of it, since there is little I can do about it.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
    You can join the Meetup group and not use your real name.

I could make the Facebook group "closed" meaning an admin has to approve members. This would make the membership and events page invisible to non-members. What do you guys think?
    Even if it was closed, it's entirely possible that one of the people who would be approved could be a police officer gathering "intel". It's hard work to prove somebody isn't something.