• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3-Year-Old Boy Kills Cousin With Cop/Dad's Gun

Dustin

imported post

Seems sketchy.

RAYVILLE, La.— The Richland Parish sheriff says an off-duty policeman's 3-year-old son apparently shot and killed a 3-year-old cousin with his father's gun.

Sheriff Charles McDonald says the children — a boy and girl — were playing together Thursday when the Rayville police officer went to get something out of his car.

He says the gun was in the driver's side door. The sheriff says the boy picked up the gun and accidentally shot the girl.

McDonald says she died instantly.

He did not release the officer's or the children's names.

RickMarc

imported post

Supposedly what happened , is that the Sheriff Deputy drove into the driveway of a Rayville City cop on a social visit. When the Sheriff Deputy was still sitting in his vehicle with the door open the child reached into his door pocket and pulled the pistol out and then turned and shot the other child. I live in Rayville and heard this story second hand rumor.

Dustin

imported post

RickMarc wrote:
Supposedly what happened , is that the Sheriff Deputy drove into the driveway of a Rayville City cop on a social visit. When the Sheriff Deputy was still sitting in his vehicle with the door open the child reached into his door pocket and pulled the pistol out and then turned and shot the other child. I live in Rayville and heard this story second hand rumor.

Wow.