• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thought for the New Year

David Turner

imported post

Isn't it strange that, here in England, as fewer and fewer guns are held legally...more and more of our policemen are going about armed?

In fact, aside from shotguns, there are almost no firearms in private hands. I don't know a single gun-owner and I can't recall the last time that I saw a gun which wasn't in the hands of either the authorities or of a criminal.

Perhaps the criminal class is our best hope of Liberty. For it refuses to be dis-armed. It refuses to be constrained by Government' dictat. It embraces the fact that power does, indeed, emanate from the barrel of a gun.

Perhaps the criminals are the only true Libertarians, whereas the rest of us deserve only subjugation to the State.

Old Grump

imported post

Might not be a good idea. Your government might get the idea to send all those criminals to the colonies again and you know how that worked out. You made a whole continent of gangsters and cowboys over here and Australia. We have enough criminals over here in political office and corporate board rooms, I'm not sure we have room for more.

I think if you could go back to where a large majority of Irish households had shotguns in the house and it wasn't against the law to have a revolver in the dresser at home or in a gentleman's pocket your criminal element might get a little shy, or at least a little more polite.

At least that is the theory and what we are working for in our neighborhood.

saveyourself

Swansea which is in Wales not England, , United Ki
imported post

I used to have legaly held firearms. I gave my license back and sold my guns because I didn't really have time to shoot and moved further away from my range.

I know the Irish Travellers have firearms andaren't troubled by the authorities, they dare not. Maybe we could all learn from their solidarity, but without their criminal tendancies.