• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SHOWDOWN AT THE VERIZON CORRAL

Alexcabbie

imported post

Last week it was reported that Washington "Wizards" B-Ball phenom Gilbert Arenas was found to have a locked box of firearms in his locker at the Verzon Center in DC. There was a lot of mumbling argle-bargle from everyone about "we are investigating" etc; and some fumbling flapdoodle about whether DC law had been violated followed by "No charges have been filed". In fine everyone including the police seemed to want to sweep this one under the rug. Arenas said he took the guns and locked them up in his locker because he didn't want them "in the house with (his) children anymore."

NOW it turns out that there is MUCH more to the story. Seems Arenas and a teammate pulled guns on each other IN THE WIZARDS LOCKER ROOM, and why? Over a gambling debt, that's why. Or so it is said.

Something majorly stinks here IMO.

This "showdown" is exactly what Mayor Daley of Chicago claimed he was trying to prevent with Chicago's strict gun laws (and what Chief Lanier in DC has also said would result if citizens were allowed to carry firearms). Daley said (some time ago) "What? Are we gonna go back to the days where we say, 'well, you got a gun and I got a gun, so let's go into the street and settle this"?

And to add that special "Anti" pizzazz, the showdown was - repeat - over a gambling debt. How absolutely trashy.

Well sez me this is just a little too convenient. And it has all the earmarks of a piece of propagnda theater, completely staged. First, the slow release of news about guns in the locker room. Then, at just the right time, the showdown part gets broadcast. And what really makes me think something is up here is that so far NO CHARGES have been filed. If this had been a couple lawyers at a lobbying firm, we would presently be hearing about how much their bail had been set at.

Also remember that the Wizards were once the "Bullets" and the name was changed in the name of "reducing handgun violence".

Is it just me, or do you guys smell a big FAT Brady rat??? Peee Yooo!

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For a long time, I have always believed that NBA players are mostly a bunch of overpaid cry-babies that cry for more and yet they're having gambling debt issues amongst each other? And pulling gun over it?

Useless bunch of punks. Just about on top of the world. They can have whatever they want and they squabble it away like complete fools...

Alexcabbie

imported post

N6ATF wrote:

Thanks for the link. However, it only begs the question: Why, especially this being DC; aren't Arenas and his matey under arrest RIGHT NOW?? Can you imagine how fast a plain citizen doing this in a private health club would be in cuffs??

This whole damn thing looks to me to be staged. DC officials are verycleAnd the gambling angle is just too damned classicar on the point that (according to their interpretation of the "living breathing Constitution" that ordinariy schmoes only have the right to bear a pistol inside the walls of their homes. And the gambling angle is just too damned classic.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

To paraphrase an old saying;

"You can takea boy out of a culture, but you can't always take the culture out of the man."

Some of these pro athletes come from rough neighborhoods that breed less than desirable cultures. Not all of those that have escaped such backgrounds leave it behind.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The is so obviously orchestrated.... DC cops are definitely in on this gig. Sour over their ban being (slightly) squashed by SCOTUS.

Since when does it take any cop in DC more than 0.01 seconds to kill/cuff anyone who even has a picture of a gun in their possession? Or a Snowball?

I'm willing to bet (a lot) that the DC LEOs involved knew about this whole "showdown" incident and offered to drop charges if they played the tune they were told to, to promote an anti-rights agenda....

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:

This "showdown" is exactly what Mayor Daley of Chicago claimed he was trying to prevent with Chicago's strict gun laws (and what Chief Lanier in DC has also said would result if citizens were allowed to carry firearms). Daley said (some time ago) "What? Are we gonna go back to the days where we say, 'well, you got a gun and I got a gun, so let's go into the street and settle this"?

And to add that special "Anti" pizzazz, the showdown was - repeat - over a gambling debt. How absolutely trashy.

Well sez me this is just a little too convenient. And it has all the earmarks of a piece of propagnda theater, completely staged. First, the slow release of news about guns in the locker room. Then, at just the right time, the showdown part gets broadcast. And what really makes me think something is up here is that so far NO CHARGES have been filed. If this had been a couple lawyers at a lobbying firm, we would presently be hearing about how much their bail had been set at.

Also remember that the Wizards were once the "Bullets" and the name was changed in the name of "reducing handgun violence".

Alexcabbie wrote:
This whole damn thing looks to me to be staged. DC officials are verycleAnd the gambling angle is just too damned classicar on the point that (according to their interpretation of the "living breathing Constitution" that ordinariy schmoes only have the right to bear a pistol inside the walls of their homes. And the gambling angle is just too damned classic.
ixtow wrote:
The is so obviously orchestrated.... DC cops are definitely in on this gig. Sour over their ban being (slightly) squashed by SCOTUS.

Since when does it take any cop in DC more than 0.01 seconds to kill/cuff anyone who even has a picture of a gun in their possession? Or a Snowball?

I'm willing to bet (a lot) that the DC LEOs involved knew about this whole "showdown" incident and offered to drop charges if they played the tune they were told to, to promote an anti-rights agenda....

Still think it was "staged" and "orchestrated," guys?
39.gif

Wizards' Crittenton, NBA discuss gun incident

[size=-1]Wednesday, January 27, 2010; D03
[/size]

A day after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation, Wizards reserve guard Javaris Crittenton was at NBA offices in New York on Tuesday for a series of interviews with league investigators and Commissioner David Stern.

Accompanied by his attorney, Peter White, and Billy Hunter, executive director of the NBA players' union, Crittenton spent a few hours explaining his altercation with Gilbert Arenas that led to both players displaying guns in the locker room on Dec. 21.

With Crittenton's case complete and Arenas entering a guilty plea on Jan. 15, multiple league sources said that Stern would dole out punishment for both players before the end of the week. Arenas, expected to meet with Stern on Wednesday, missed his 12th consecutive game on Tuesday while serving an indefinite suspension.

On Tuesday, Los Angeles Lakers guard and union President Derek Fisher said that the union would support both players but plans to take a "wait-and-see" approach with how Stern handles the situation.

When asked if he was concerned about how long Arenas's suspension would last, Fisher said: "To this point, it hasn't been overly concerning for us, but it's creeping towards that area. His sentencing is coming up in March and that'll get here fast. But we suspect that a decision will come much sooner than that. The indefinite part will disappear and there will be more of a definite understanding of what the NBA is thinking and what they are trying to do. From there, our jobs will start in terms of making sure that things are done in a fair way."

Coach Flip Saunders expressed relief. "The sooner we can get that behind us," Saunders said. "I think right now, the whole situation, we're all pretty much numb to the whole thing. We knew when it got to the point that it got to, nothing good was going to come out of it."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/26/AR2010012604305.html

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

When you are too quick to jump to conclusions, you WILL get it all over yourself. :?

Yata hey

Alexcabbie

imported post

Alright, already. Sheesh.

I just couldn't believe that two grown men - even if they were pro athletes - would commit such a cascade of compound stupidity. I mean, Plaxico Burress wasn't THIS freaking stupid!! :banghead: What a pair of IDIOTS.

Grant me this much though: Next time the DC gun laws come under fire, the Antis will be squawking like hell over this.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

HankT wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:

Alexcabbie wrote:
ixtow wrote:

Still think it was "staged" and "orchestrated," guys?
39.gif

Wizards' Crittenton, NBA discuss gun incident

[size=-1]Wednesday, January 27, 2010; D03
[/size]

A day after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation, Wizards reserve guard Javaris Crittenton was at NBA offices in New York on Tuesday for a series of interviews with league investigators and Commissioner David Stern.

Accompanied by his attorney, Peter White, and Billy Hunter, executive director of the NBA players' union, Crittenton spent a few hours explaining his altercation with Gilbert Arenas that led to both players displaying guns in the locker room on Dec. 21.

With Crittenton's case complete and Arenas entering a guilty plea on Jan. 15, multiple league sources said that Stern would dole out punishment for both players before the end of the week. Arenas, expected to meet with Stern on Wednesday, missed his 12th consecutive game on Tuesday while serving an indefinite suspension.

On Tuesday, Los Angeles Lakers guard and union President Derek Fisher said that the union would support both players but plans to take a "wait-and-see" approach with how Stern handles the situation.

When asked if he was concerned about how long Arenas's suspension would last, Fisher said: "To this point, it hasn't been overly concerning for us, but it's creeping towards that area. His sentencing is coming up in March and that'll get here fast. But we suspect that a decision will come much sooner than that. The indefinite part will disappear and there will be more of a definite understanding of what the NBA is thinking and what they are trying to do. From there, our jobs will start in terms of making sure that things are done in a fair way."

Coach Flip Saunders expressed relief. "The sooner we can get that behind us," Saunders said. "I think right now, the whole situation, we're all pretty much numb to the whole thing. We knew when it got to the point that it got to, nothing good was going to come out of it."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/26/AR2010012604305.html

I know he has a home in Great falls, VA and another one in a Los Angeles suburb (Encino, CA). I am not sure what his residence status is, so I won't venture to guess that he is actually a resident of DC (because I can't bring myself to believe that he would bring weapons from Great Falls or Encino to DC, just to get rid of them because he has a small kid in the house). Something stinks to high heaven here. I still say thathe gets suspended from the NBA, he spends no time in jail, he pays a fine, and he becomes the spokesperson for the Brady Bunch as part of his community service spewing anti-gun messages to kids (since he is considered a role model). I guess we will have to wait an see.

I guess I was partially right!:lol:

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X