• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taylor Gun & Knife Show this weekend - Mike Cox will be in attendence on Sunday!!

mikestilly

imported post

Gibralter Trade Center in Taylor, MI (15525 Rancho Blvd. Taylor, MI). Fri-Sun

Show Information:
http://www.gibraltartrade.com/Shows/GunShow/index.html

We're volunteering this weekend at the Taylor Gun and Knife show. I'm not sure the times but Mike Cox will be there on Sunday. It would be a great opportunity to meet him if you haven't already. I will be getting more information soon about the carry rules for the show specifically for people volunteering. Times looking to cover are anytime between 12p-6pm.

Mike

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Found under Venders/Gun Show Contract for both locations:

C.P.L:
Carrying a loaded weapon either exposed or concealed is prohibited on these premises.

I say FK'm. There's no point in setting up a table for MOC if they do not allow carry, especially OC.

mikestilly

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

C.P.L:
Carrying a loaded weapon either exposed or concealed is prohibited on these premises.

I say FK'm.  There's no point in setting up a table for MOC if they do not allow carry, especially OC.

I just got confirmation from Robbie that I'm free to OC at this show as well! He is at the show right now. I will definitely be OC'ing!!!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

C.P.L:

I say FK'm. There's no point in setting up a table for MOC if they do not allow carry, especially OC.

I just got confirmation from Robbie that I'm free to OC at this show as well! He is at the show right now. I will definitely be OC'ing!!!
That's good to hear Mike, but we were told the same thing for the Mt Clemens Show...Just a heads up. :)

mikestilly

imported post

Thanks for the heads up but I'm not to worried :) They were checking/zip tieing peoples guns at the Novi Gun and Knife show but as soon as I walked in with a vendor badge they had no problem with it.

Michigander

imported post

Evil Creamsicle and I left after I got done telling off some manager at the last one in Mt Clemens who told us OC was not allowed at the show.

If you can get a copy of a signed letter from whoever has the final call on OC at the trade centers, which specifies that OC is permitted, if nothing else by people working the show, I'd be interested in going. Otherwise, as I told the genius "pro gun" guy who didn't like OC, I'm not coming back.

donald150

imported post

Crap! I went last night. (FRIDAY) Me and my wife signed the petition for Mike Cox. We thought you guys were a no show.:banghead:

mikestilly

imported post

Well I guess I'll recap today I OC'd outside of at the Taylor Gibraltar Gun and Knife show around the many other booths. No issues and it was nice to see a few others OC'ing.

I was disarmed at the Gun & Knife Show while manning the Mike Cox booth. Was very pissed off speaking to the guy in the next booth to find out they didnt require the others manning the booths to disarm only ME! WTF! Tomorrow I'll be there again and if they ask me to disarm I'm going to say sure after you disarm all the other vendors. To be honest I bet the guy was there when they opened an they didnt question him because he had it concealed. It's not like they have tight security there.

I'm real interested to be there tomorrow with Mike Cox. In the past I've had many "firearm law related" questions only he could answer. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Mike

pmcqueen37

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

C.P.L:

sounds like a Mike Cox table not a MOC table also Gibralter is listed on the MCRGO unfriendly carry list

mikestilly

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

C.P.L:

I say FK'm.  There's no point in setting up a table for MOC if they do not allow carry, especially OC.
sounds like a Mike Cox table not a MOC table also Gibralter is listed on the MCRGO unfriendly carry list

You are correct. I think he was referring to the MOC table in Mount Clemens.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

C.P.L:

Really makes no difference. We were told that OC was permitted at Mt Clemens just like Mike was told OC was permitted at Taylor. If they do/did not want OC at the two locations they should have simply said so.Futher, I provided the Gibraltar policy pertaining to firearm carry immediately following the OP.

A good number of people (MOC Members)exhausteda great deal oftime and expense to set-up and/or assist at a table only to be told OC was not permitted. The only persons allowed to OC at Gibraltar was the Trooper (plain clothes) teaching the CPL classes and all other patrons carrying rifles and shotguns around. :quirky

Also, Mike was not that specific about Taylor Show, only that Mike Cox would be there of Sunday.So, based onthe previous table at Mt Clemens,I could only assume thatMike was talking about an MOC Table.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I stopped by the Taylor show today. I was informed vendors or patrons were NOT allowed to carry and had to safety strap my gun prior to entry. Only LEO's were permitted to carry.

mikestilly

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
I stopped by the Taylor show today. I was informed vendors or patrons were NOT allowed to carry and had to safety strap my gun prior to entry. Only LEO's were permitted to carry.

hehe they didnt catch the guy to the booth next to me that's for sure. What time? Sorry I missed ya. What time were ya there? I'll be there tomorrow at the same time.

Sorry I wasnt more specific it wasn't an MOC event. That wasn't my intention. I volunteering for Mike Cox.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I was there around 4. I spoke with the guy that you are talking about. He told me he did safety his gun after a conversation with someone who was working one of the entrances. I did get to speak with a few Taylor police officers who were there. They were fully knowledgeable of OC. The one officer expressed his concern for how to handle a man with gun call. He knew by law he can't require one to produce ID or to even speak to him, however he has a duty to respond and investigate the call. I informed him that to avoid that dispatch needs to handle the call properly. I referred him to our site to read the examples. He said he would and will mention it at their next dept meeting. I also stated as with anything in life how you approach the situation dictates the outcome. If LEO's are polite and professional in responding to someone who recieved a MWAG call that most who OC will act the same in return. He agreed shook my hand and thanked me, and we went are seperate ways.

TheSzerdi

imported post

My girlfriend and I stopped by the gun show today and wandered around the trade center for a while. It was around 3pm I believe. I was OC'ing. No problems. Lots of fun stuff to look at.

At least their policy isn't as bad as Novi Rock Financial Center. At Gibralter they just zip tied the gun and let me keep my mags. (Rock held the mags) Pretty sure my 1911 could snap the zip ties if I needed to (if not I always have my swiss army knife).

mikestilly

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
My girlfriend and I stopped by the gun show today and wandered around the trade center for a while. It was around 3pm I believe. I was OC'ing. No problems. Lots of fun stuff to look at.

At least their policy isn't as bad as Novi Rock Financial Center. At Gibralter they just zip tied the gun and let me keep my mags. (Rock held the mags) Pretty sure my 1911 could snap the zip ties if I needed to (if not I always have my swiss army knife).

aye Szerdi .. Did you see my post about what I figured out with that show. If you have a vendor badge there they do not make you zip tie. When I went back that Sunday I was fully OC'ing with my mag's an all.