• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC more than one gun at a time

helldiablo

imported post

i have 2 1911 colt .45 they are a sequencial serial# i was wondering if i can UOC both at the same time:banghead: i UOC seperatly now and no probs so far thanks (frist time poster)

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'm also unaware of any limitation on the number of guns you can carry. I've carried two rifles before and didn't give it a second thought.

Just be sure to mutter the Doc Holiday line from Tombstone if you ever happen to be drunk and somebody bothers you, "I've got two guns, one for each of you"

NightOwl

imported post

...I'm your huckleberry...

Seriously though, you're going to be mighty short on belt space carrying two handguns, with ammo. Reloading could be a challange well. But hey, if have fun if that's what suits ya. Personally, I'm not an amazing shot left handed, so I prefer to stick to one firearm.

chewy352

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Personally, I'm not an amazing shot left handed, so I prefer to stick to one firearm.
When I took my range test for my firearm guard card I thought it was going to be really hard shooting weak hand unassisted. However it was not bad after the first one with my .45. My hand flew up and to the right past my head. It must have been hilarious but I still scored perfect. I have never practiced shooting that way.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'd really recommend practicing shooting with your non-dominate hand if you ever think you might need to use your firearm. Otherwise, if your dominate hand gets shot, then you're hosed. You should know how to reload without using your dominate hand too.

chewy352

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
I'd really recommend practicing shooting with your non-dominate hand if you ever think you might need to use your firearm. Otherwise, if your dominate hand gets shot, then you're hosed. You should know how to reload without using your dominate hand too.
Ya I have a lot more practicing to do. I just never really considered having to shoot completely unassisted.

helldiablo

imported post

NightOwl wrote:

Seriously though, you're going to be mighty short on belt space carrying two handguns, with ammo. Reloading could be a challange well. But hey, if have fun if that's what suits ya. Personally, I'm not an amazing shot left handed, so I prefer to stick to one firearm.
i have pracitced with my right hand as well i do very well both ways being a lefty i think i have an advatage both pistols at 25yd i can keep a pattern around 6" i worked on this skill for many years since about 12-13ish

HELLDRADO

imported post

helldiablo wrote:
NightOwl wrote:

i have pracitced with my right hand as well i do very well both ways being a lefty i think i have an advatage both pistols at 25yd i can keep a pattern around 6" i worked on this skill for many years since about 12-13ish
good thing about WY is i dont worry about uoc cuz i can carry loaded hahaha now lets see you do it at 50ydlittle brother

chewy352

imported post

HELLDRADO wrote:
helldiablo wrote:
NightOwl wrote:

good thing about WY is i dont worry about uoc cuz i can carry loaded hahaha now lets see you do it at 50ydlittle brother
Seems how most gun fights occur within 25yds, more likely 10yds. I dont see why 50 yds really matter. At that point I'd have my rifle out.

cato

imported post

helldiablo wrote:
i have 2 1911 colt .45 they are a sequential serial# i was wondering if i can UOC both at the same time:banghead: i UOC seperatly now and no probs so far thanks (frist time poster)

What are you trying to accomplish? Questions about shoulder holsters and wearing two pistols? Ya it shouldn't be a big deal but for now we are all RKBAambassadors trying to secure the Right. Keep it simple. Keep it normal (for us any way).

If they are sequential put them is a nice case locked up to maintain their value and get another carry gun.