• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Ever Stopped, Questioned, or Even Arrested for O.C. in Mobile?

dixieborn

imported post

True enough, but a legally armed citizen cannot legitimately be accused of "recklessly creating a risk" of "public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm" simply by exercising his right to go about his business with a weapon securely fastened to his belt.

What is your point?

terminal.logic

imported post

My point was that the law was misquoted. I agree with you a person legally carrying a firearm would not violate the D.C. law unless he:

1) Engages in fighting or in violent tumultuous or threatening behavior; or

(2) Makes unreasonable noise; or

(3) In a public place uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture; or

(4) Without lawful authority, disturbs any lawful assembly or meeting of persons; or

(5) Obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or a transportation facility; or

(6) Congregates with other person in a public place and refuses to comply with a lawful order of the police to disperse.