Thread: Flynn takes credit for drop in homicides

Post imported post

http://www.channel3000.com/news/22106333/detail.html

I don't know, I think it's unlikely the police department actually prevents many-- or any-- homicides.

I think credit is due to the sudden presence of open carriers in the Milwaukee area in 2009!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

Shame on you Flynn. Also even though the # of homicides are down doesn't mean that violent crimes are down it just means survival rates are up.

Leave it to Flynn to steal credit from where credit is due ,Our well trained in trauma E.M.T's And the DR.s and Nurses that man the emergency / trauma rooms .

Thank You to all the medical personal who make it possible for 1 more victim of violent crime to survive, that a l.e. could not protect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Post imported post

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...mber-since-64/

sounds real close too this.

The year is drawing to a close with homicides in the District at a 45-year low, reflecting a national trend that law enforcement officials are attributing to multipronged crime-prevention strategies that include advances in communication and coordination.

Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier has said that success in closing homicide cases has been in part because of her signature All Hands on Deck initiative during which all officers, including recruits, work patrol shifts over three-day periods.

Just a snippet but it reads close to the above post. Some people like to take credit were credit isn't do.

Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    I think credit is due to the sudden presence of open carriers in the Milwaukee area in 2009!
    +1

Post imported post

LEO leaders like Flynn ALWAYS attribute drops in crime to their "enforcement" work. Then that means that logically, rises in crime should also be attributed to law enforcement's work. Though I do give them some credit, for if there were no Police then there would be more crime.

I would like to know the effect of my open carrying on the security of myself, my wife, and the people around me. But I will never know how many crimes I may or may not have deterred.

Post imported post

Law enforcement HAS to take the credit! It ensures that they get more funding when they ask for it.

And I think the greatest statistic for the safety of Open Carriers, is that they weren't the person affected by a crime that never happened. I say that makes the greatest point of all.
    I aim to misbehave