• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flynn takes credit for drop in homicides

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shame on you Flynn. Also even though the # of homicides are down doesn't mean that violent crimes are down it just means survival rates are up.

Leave it to Flynn to steal credit from where credit is due ,Our well trained in trauma E.M.T's And the DR.s and Nurses that man the emergency / trauma rooms .

Thank You to all the medical personal who make it possible for 1 more victim of violent crime to survive, that a l.e. could not protect.

Packer fan

imported post

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/dec/30/dc-homicides-hit-lowest-number-since-64/

sounds real close too this.

The year is drawing to a close with homicides in the District at a 45-year low, reflecting a national trend that law enforcement officials are attributing to multipronged crime-prevention strategies that include advances in communication and coordination.

Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier has said that success in closing homicide cases has been in part because of her signature All Hands on Deck initiative during which all officers, including recruits, work patrol shifts over three-day periods.

Just a snippet but it reads close to the above post. Some people like to take credit were credit isn't do.

smithman

imported post

LEO leaders like Flynn ALWAYS attribute drops in crime to their "enforcement" work. Then that means that logically, rises in crime should also be attributed to law enforcement's work. Though I do give them some credit, for if there were no Police then there would be more crime.

I would like to know the effect of my open carrying on the security of myself, my wife, and the people around me. But I will never know how many crimes I may or may not have deterred.

opusd2

imported post

Law enforcement HAS to take the credit! It ensures that they get more funding when they ask for it.

And I think the greatest statistic for the safety of Open Carriers, is that they weren't the person affected by a crime that never happened. I say that makes the greatest point of all.