• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purchasing firearm question...

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Crawlin wrote:
I know I want to take some lessons from Bob. Have heard nothing but good things about him.

Also want to take the handgun defense class that allows you to apply for your CCW permit in all the other states that allow it. Just hoping that if they finally wake up and realize that CCW is definitely alot less of a public nuisance than open carry, I won't have to take the class and can just use a current permit to get the WI one.

My WELCOME still stands, although your choice of the highlighted words brings your motives into question.

Branding one form of carry a nuisance only helps perpetuate the prejudice that we here at OCDO work against.

Many if not all of us here on OCDO view the restrictions (vehicle carry, school zone, state park, restaurants that serve alcohol) not only as a "public nuisance" but also a public safety issue.

Open carry is a MUCH BETTER deterant that concealed carry. Read the "open carry argument" found here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=28643&forum_id=57