• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay Gun Show at , Shopko Hall this wekend

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lot's of good deals for once , affordable prices everywhere, cheap ammo too.

Well against my better judgment , I picked up this, a few months early.

It was a good deal , with tax approx $ 1500.00, came with 3 magpul 30 round mags, nice case, etc. Ruger SR-556 Piston driven

SR-556 - first time shooting report , I had a chance to fire about 200 rounds through this today at Shiocton, this what I have to say about it >>>> SWEETNESS , WOW..I LUV THIS RIFLE !!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Crawlin

imported post

Wow, that's pretty cool. Had planned to go but they are coming to Waukesha on the 16th/17th of Jan so figured I'd wait a bit.

Never been to one, so any bulk ammo for sale? Decent prices are pretty much the same as the walmart/gander/cabellas pricing?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Crawlin wrote:
Wow, that's pretty cool. Had planned to go but they are coming to Waukesha on the 16th/17th of Jan so figured I'd wait a bit.

Never been to one, so any bulk ammo for sale? Decent prices are pretty much the same as the walmart/gander/cabellas pricing?
Good deals on alot of stuff, Shotguns, Bulk ammo, etc. I was surprised normally guns shows are too expensive, this one well prices have came down alot.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm jealous, I want one of my own!

I bought the Bushmaster Gas Piston Rifle a couple years ago. Haven't shot it as much as I would like, but I will shoot it more now that I have a job and can afford ammo!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

logan wrote:
I'm jealous, I want one of my own!

I bought the Bushmaster Gas Piston Rifle a couple years ago. Haven't shot it as much as I would like, but I will shoot it more now that I have a job and can afford ammo!
Bushmaster makes excellent rifles, I have one of their non piston flat top xm15e2s model carbines. Ammo prices have really reversed course in the last 6 months , it's actually affordable again, I plan on getting another 4k this year.

I was going to get the Bushmaster ACR rifle this year, but they are dragging their feet on releasing it, so I will put it off until next year . I still have to get a 46" flat screen this year.:) only so much disposable income.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
There is a reason ne'er-do-wells are.

As I tried to teach my daughter, "What you do with what you have is much more important than what you have." That is the unspoken premise behind the difference between men and boys being the price of their toys.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ God damn the Obamination

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

anmut wrote:
I'll be there tomorrow morning - notice any good deals on shotguns?
There were alot of scatter guns and I am sure a deal could be had. If you are in town, I would recommend to first stop on over to Mr Money on University Avenue in Green Bay. The last time I was there they had a Mossberg 535, Remington 870 and a few Mossberg 500s very reasonably priced. They had a camo thumbhole Mossberg for around $280.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Well against my better judgment , I picked up this, a few months early.
No bad judgement about it. Those are nice rifles....:)
lol, no I meant I decided to pull the trigger on the purchase early. I just did not want to wait until summer. I had made my mind up about the Ruger a month ago. Are you coming to the range day in Shiocton ? you can try it out, if you have not shot one already.

anmut

imported post

I went and was disappointed in the number of dealers compared to private party sellers. There was some pretty good deals on pistols but they were all with at the dealer tables and I didn't feel like driving back across the state to pick up.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

anmut wrote:
I went and was disappointed in the number of dealers compared to private party sellers. There was some pretty good deals on pistols but they were all with at the dealer tables and I didn't feel like driving back across the state to pick up.
That's what UPS is for...:)