• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hays - Open Carry

marine0300

imported post

Hays: http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=14230&stateId=16&stateName=Kansas

Sec. 17-5 Firearms or fireworks prohibited; exceptions.

It is unlawful for any person to discharge any firearms or fireworks or have firearms or fireworks in possession while in the cemetery. This section shall not apply to military personnel or members of veterans organizations or to authorized persons while participating in memorial services or military funerals nor to law enforcement officers.

sec 20-19

- Proclamation of emergency due to mob action or other civil disobedience—Mayor's authority.

Whenever, in the judgment of the mayor, or in the event of his inability to act, the chair of the commission, determines that an emergency exists as a result of mob action or other civil disobedience causing danger of injury to or damages to persons or property, he shall have power to impose by proclamation any or all of the following regulations necessary to preserve the peace and order of the city:

(1)

To impose a curfew upon all or any portion of the city, thereby requiring all persons in such designated curfew areas to immediately remove themselves from the public streets, alleys, parks or other public places; provided, however, that physicians, nurses and ambulance operators performing medical services, utility personnel maintaining essential public services, firefighters and city authorities or requested law enforcement officers and personnel may be exempted from such curfew;

(2)

To order the closing of any business establishments anywhere within the city for the period of the emergency, such businesses shall include, but not be limited to, those selling intoxicating liquors, cereal malt beverages, gasoline or firearms;

(3)

To designate any public street, thoroughfare or vehicle parking areas closed to motor vehicles and pedestrian traffic;

(4)

To call upon regular and auxiliary law enforcement agencies and organizations within or without the city to assist in preserving and keeping the peace within the city.

(Code 2000, § 2.44.010)

sauerofkraut

I live in hays and have started to open carry. I been to wal-mart, both dillions, smalls businesses, and just walking around the streets I haven't had any reaction that I know of.

marine0300

sauerofkraut,

Thank you for open carrying! I admire your courage to exercise your rights.

If you dress normal act normal and go about your normal daily routine no one will even pay much notice that you're OC’ing. This is how all OC’ers should act.

Keep us updated.

Marine0300
Topeka

Last edited: