• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC meet San Pedro Jan. 3rd

leoffensive

imported post

Chewy and I will be traveling up to san pedro to UOC at the coffee shop where Mike was arrested.

jan. 3rd @ 1:30pm

468 West 6th Street
San Pedro, CA 90731-2632
(310) 514-0800

chewy will be driving and has room for 2 more(3 if someone sits in the middle seat in the back) who want to carpool from the sd area.

the coffee shop is not in any school zones so it is safe.

we want numbers so please come if you can. show support for Mike.

greengum

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
Chewy and I will be traveling up to san jose to UOC at the coffee shop where Mike was arrested.

468 West 6th Street
San Pedro, CA 90731-2632
(310) 514-0800

chewy will be driving and has room for 2 more(3 if someone sits in the middle seat in the back) who want to carpool from the sd area.

the coffee shop is not in any school zones so it is safe.

there hasnt been a time set yet for the meet.

we want numbers so please come if you can. show support for Mike.
Chewy and I will be traveling up to san jose to UOC at the coffee shop where Mike was arrested.

leoffensive

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
greengum wrote:
San Pedro is nowhere near San Jose. I will be in OC in 2 days and I may hook up with you guys.
San Jose?? Whats this about San Jose?

haha i screwed up and typed san jose out of reflex haha i have close family friends out there.

i just edited it.

also working off a hangover from new years

greengum

imported post

Looks like I will be in L.A. either Sunday or Monday. I will PM my phone number so you guys can call once you get a date and time set.

eraseallhope

imported post

So I cannot afford to get arrested but I do want to support and I will most likely be there.

I live in the long beach area so its not far at all...
I will be UOC but my roomate and girlfriend will be joining me unarmed. But they will be taking video just incase of any event.

I work the late shift but if the meet is around the 1 or 2p.m. time frame I can for sure attend.

I most likely won't give out my number or name over the forum so if you see a younger guy in a Nutnfancy project t-shirt that's me hahaha

oc4ever

imported post

Since this coffee shop is more than likely going to kick you all outside to the curb, you might want to think of a backup location within walking distance that wants your coffee money after you get tired of standing around outside this business. The LAPD may try to enforce the loitering law on you if you stand around outside this guys shop too long without signs(like a real protest). Just something to think about.

Gundude

imported post

oc4ever wrote:
Since this coffee shop is more than likely going to kick you all outside to the curb, you might want to think of a backup location within walking distance that wants your coffee money after you get tired of standing around outside this business. The LAPD may try to enforce the loitering law on you if you stand around outside this guys shop too long without signs(like a real protest). Just something to think about.
Don't loiter. Go into the coffee shop one at a time and let them toss you out. Then walk up and down in front of the store, without stopping or just pause in front. As long as you're moving, you aren't loitering. Might be a good idea to have someone away from the scene with a vid going.

wewd

imported post

Make up some picket signs and protest on the sidewalk in front of the shop. Might want to go to the local LAPD substation and do the same on the sidewalk across the street. Stay on the public sidewalk and don't block pedestrian or vehicle traffic.

I won't be able to make it as I have too many things that need to be done around the house and I am picking up a friend from the airport. Good luck to you all.

coolusername2007

imported post

oc4ever wrote:

Let's try not to disparage the coffee shop, at this point we don't know who placed the call, and even if it was the coffee shop's employee's, it is their private property and right to do so.

This is clearly an issue with the LAPD and possibly with the San Pedro security personnel. Picket, protest, UOC in solidarity, and so on, but I think it's important to focus the attention on the LAPD.

coolusername2007

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
Don't picket. There is a CA PC against bringing firearms to picketing activities. I forget the section.
I don't think you're "picketing" if you pin signs on to your t-shirts. And I think that PC has something to do with political party events, not necessarily 1A protest events. Besides that Mike already "picketed"a gun grab event solo if memory serves.

wewd

imported post

The law bans carrying a firearm to a refusal to work protest, i.e. union strike. That's it.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

MudCamper wrote:
Don't picket. There is a CA PC against bringing firearms to picketing activities. I forget the section.
Here's the code:
12590. (a) Any person who does any of the following acts while engaged in picketing, or other informational activities in a public place relating to a concerted refusal to work, is guilty of a misdemeanor:
(1) Carries concealed upon his person or within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(2) Carries a loaded firearm upon his or her person or within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction.
(3) Carries a deadly weapon.
(4) Wears the uniform of a peace officer, whether or not the person is a peace officer. (b) This section shall not be construed to authorize or ratify any picketing or other informational activities not otherwise authorized by law.
(c) Section 12027 shall not be construed to authorize any conduct described in paragraph
(1) of subdivision (a), nor shall subdivision (b) of Section 12031 be construed to authorize any conduct described in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a).
Basically, just don't talk about how you refuse to work and you should be safe to carry a firearm while picketing.

A ECNALG

imported post

This is what I could locate online regarding "loitering":

Los Angeles County Code:

13.44.010 Prohibited acts.

A. It is unlawful for any person who is a member of a “criminal street gang” as that term is defined in California Penal Code Section 186.22(f) or who is in the company of or acting in concert with a member of a criminal street gang to loiter or idle in a “public place” as defined in Section 13.44.010 B under any of the following circumstances:
1. With the intent to publicize a criminal street gang’s dominance over certain territory in order to intimidate nonmembers of the gang from entering, remaining in, or using the public place or adjacent area;
2. With the intent to conceal ongoing commerce in illegal drugs or other unlawful activity.
B. For purposes of this chapter, a “public place” means the public way and any other location open to the public, whether publicly or privately owned, including, but not limited to any street, sidewalk, avenue, highway, road, curb area, alley, park, playground or other public ground or public building, any common area of a school, hospital, apartment house, office building, transport facility, shop, privately owned place of business, to which the public is invited, including any place of amusement, entertainment, or eating place. Any “public place” also includes the front yard area, driveway and walkway of any private residence, business, or apartment house. (Ord. 99-0072 § 2 (part), 1999.)

13.44.020 Powers of law enforcement officers not limited.

Nothing in this chapter shall be construed in any way to limit the power or right of a law enforcement officer to make any investigation, detention or arrest as such law enforcement officer would be permitted to make in absence of this chapter. (Ord. 99-0072 § 2 (part), 1999.)

13.44.030 Parental control.

Any parent(s), legal guardian(s), or other adult person(s) authorized by said parent(s) or guardian(s) to have the care and custody of a minor, who knowingly permits or by insufficient control allows a minor to violate the provisions of this chapter is guilty of a misdemeanor. (Ord. 99-0072 § 2 (part), 1999.)

13.44.040 Penalty.

Violation of this chapter shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed $500.00 or by imprisonment not to exceed six months, or both. (Ord. 99-0072 § 2 (part), 1999.)

13.44.050 Severability.

If any provision or clause of this chapter or the application thereof to any person or circumstances is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect any other provision or application of this chapter which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end of provisions of this chapter are declared to be severable. (Ord. 99-0072 § 2 (part), 1999.)

Los Angeles City Code:

Chapter IV SEC. 41.18. SIDEWALKS, PEDESTRIAN SUBWAYS – LOITERING.
(a) No person shall stand in or upon any street, sidewalk or other public way open for pedestrian travel or otherwise occupy any portion thereof in such a manner as to annoy or molest any pedestrian thereon or so as to obstruct or unreasonably interfere with the free passage of pedestrians. (Amended by Ord. No. 137,269, Eff. 10/21/68.)

Also, make note of any signs posted at driveways that address the issue of "Private Property" and any prohibitions or warnings contained therein.

Keep in mind that inmost cities, day laborers (read "illegal aliens") can exercise"their" First Amendmentrights all day long while on a public sidewalk !

leoffensive

imported post

eraseallhope wrote:
So I cannot afford to get arrested but I do want to support and I will most likely be there.

I live in the long beach area so its not far at all...
I will be UOC but my roomate and girlfriend will be joining me unarmed. But they will be taking video just incase of any event.

I work the late shift but if the meet is around the 1 or 2p.m. time frame I can for sure attend.

I most likely won't give out my number or name over the forum so if you see a younger guy in a Nutnfancy project t-shirt that's me hahaha
love to see there are tnp supporters in cali haha

Mike Hawk

imported post

I will definitely be there, you guys. And thanks again for all the support and prayers. It's about 0335 and I'm still just trying to relax a bit and get to bed here. My mind is just kinda shot right now, but I just wanted to tell you guys that when I got out (never been arrested or in jail before), it really lifted my spirits when my wife Lisa "Hunt"(LOL) told me about the event you had proposed on here.

As for the event, just a reminder to check for GFSZ. Google Earth isa pretty good program for doing this because it has the "ruler" function which will allow (I think) a pretty accurate charting of distance. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Hope to see you all on Sunday, and CARRY ON!