• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Firearm saved me.

CommonMan101

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Triple tap!?!?

He just posteda total of 3 in a row, if you'll check - and he's saying hewasn't trying to post 3 times -it wasa "triple tap" of the same message he onlyintended to send once. He edited the last two "accidental" posts to now read what they read.

The phrases "double tap" and "triple tap" alone in a post usually meansthey hit thesend button twice or thrice by accident - although I think his is from something else.

Make sense now?

okboomer

imported post

Also, calling cops in this situation can be viewed as deterance for the thugs ... they would at the very least have lost their golf clubs that they dropped.

Cops would have put the area down for more patrols and if anything else had happened that night, OP might have been a material witness for some other victim.

Being able to apply heat to thugs causes thugs to look elsewhere for victims. If they were resident's of the complex, cops are one step closer to identifying up-and-coming criminals and their lairs.

Not only would they have to worry about OP's gun, they would have the cops to worry about too.

Sometimes you gotta let the child touch the hot stove to learn that hot is hot.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Are you sure those young individuals meant any harm?
I am suretheir mothers would tell the world that they had a tee-time at the local country cluband theyjust wanted you to join them for a foursome the next day.

Although the youths may have had a record from being in the wrong place at the wrong time in the past and that they were misunderstood sincethey were all turning their lives around, Cleophus was an aspiring rapper, Tyrone was planning on trying out for the NBA, and Jamal hoped to attend west point military academy so the government would cover his tuition costs to attend medical school. The forth one was a dedicated caddy, because he was fulfilling his public service requirements.

Duluth has some crappy area's, and right across the bridge in Superior WI has the same issues.

mrf0xbody

imported post

i left work and went straight there, loaded my magazine on the way. the police were called too.

Not sure where 10ft came from, was like 20 yards i guess.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Triple tap!?!?

He just posteda total of 3 in a row, if you'll check - and he's saying hewasn't trying to post 3 times -it wasa "triple tap" of the same message he onlyintended to send once. He edited the last two "accidental" posts to now read what they read.

The phrases "double tap" and "triple tap" alone in a post usually meansthey hit thesend button twice or thrice by accident - although I think his is from something else.

Make sense now?

Haha to clarify, he was the one that alerted me to the triple tap. I then edited my posts to make it clear to everyone else. :)

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
I am suretheir mothers would tell the world that they had a tee-time at the local country cluband theyjust wanted you to join them for a foursome the next day.

Although the youths may have had a record from being in the wrong place at the wrong time in the past and that they were misunderstood sincethey were all turning their lives around, Cleophus was an aspiring rapper, Tyrone was planning on trying out for the NBA, and Jamal hoped to attend west point military academy so the government would cover his tuition costs to attend medical school. The forth one was a dedicated caddy, because he was fulfilling his public service requirements.

Duluth has some crappy area's, and right across the bridge in Superior WI has the same issues.

ahahah... do you watch "The First 48"?

They always show a family picture of the murder victim and make you feel for the victim and their family so you want the investigator to find the suspect.

Every so often they show a gang banger or drug dealergetting killed. So they show like the victims mug shot or photo of them looking all hard and angry. They thensay "Jimmy was an aspiring musician" (wannabee rapper) or "Jerome was 23, he waslooking to excel in basketball" (then they show a highschool basketball picture.. (uhh the dude is 23 I am pretty sure he's not going to be NBA if he hasn't found a college yet), then they show the victims body next to his drug lab in his apartmentlol.I always get a kick out of that stuff.

theschultz

imported post

Remember the episode where a guy puts two rounds in the same hole in a guy? Damn.

Also, unless I thought the police were already going to be called, I wouldn't.

"I am from the government and I'm here to help." NOT!!!

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mrf0xbody wrote:
yeah, i did assess the situation, determined that i had no way out, decided that i was probably gonna get messed up, and drew. Thats my system. Gladly my sister moved after the uhaul incedent and got married and now lives in west virginia.

yeah, golf at 9pm in the ghetto? um i dont think so. Im horrible at golf anyways!

At least you didn't have to make a "hole in one" this time. ;)

BTW, I'd have called the cops afterward. As was posted before, often it is the first caller who gets believed. you were in a place you had a right to be and were confronted. You should not have to be afraid of the LEOs in this case.

okboomer

imported post

theschultz wrote:
Also, unless I thought the police were already going to be called, I wouldn't.

"I am from the government and I'm here to help." NOT!!!
Hi Schultz ... three reasons for you to be the one to call 911 first:

1. You don't know if someone else has called 911 about MWAG GAttToP

2. BG's have been reported to call in on you in some twisted 'payback'

3. As a gun carrier, it is in your best interest to have positive and cordial contacts with police.

Also, the reason listed in my above post ... apply the 'heat' to BG-wannabes by notifying LE that the area needs more attention due to *unknown young men hanging out with bad intentions* that they had already demonstrated to you. LE can't be everywhere, but they work for us, and we can use them to help control crime in specific areas when they know that the potential is more likely at any particular time. You never know, the punks might already be on their radar and your public service may allow the LEO's to position themselves to apprehend them as they commit a crime ... thereby putting said punks into the system where the courts may be able to intervene in their wayward path enough to salvage their lives for them before irreparable damage.

Remember when you couldn't do anything bad while hanging out after schoolwithout someone calling your mother before you got home and she would meet you at the door with *that look*? Gotta love being raised in a small town. :celebrate

Spongebob

imported post

Nutczak wrote:

Your posts are always racially toned. You sound like a jackass. I remember reading your other post saying 12 percent of the population are animals. You sir are as closed-minded about race as the anti's are about guns.

SsevenN

imported post

Way to be OP, sounds like you handled everything just right.:celebrate

Tell your sis and her man to arm up and stay alert, now that these guys might have a bone to pick.:cuss::(

jofrdo

imported post

The OP handled the situation well, and his gun did the job without the trigger being pulled. He didn't say anything about calling police; that 's a definite must-do in this kind of situation, as other posters have explained. You want to make sure you're seen as the victim, so be the first to call 911.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Spongebob wrote:
Your posts are always racially toned. You sound like a jackass. I remember reading your other post saying 12 percent of the population are animals. You sir are as closed-minded about race as the anti's are about guns.
Butthole.

It is not the White Man's fault if lots of Black Men commit Felonies and get caught doing it.

It is not a White Woman's Fault if Black Men decide to rape her. But if she's not carrying an effective tool to prevent it, I say she gets what she deserves for choosing to be helpless. I often wonder if women who think that way secretly do hope it happens to them.

There, something more to bash!

InkdNPrcdAngl

Butthole.

It is not the White Man's fault if lots of Black Men commit Felonies and get caught doing it.

It is not a White Woman's Fault if Black Men decide to rape her. But if she's not carrying an effective tool to prevent it, I say she gets what she deserves for choosing to be helpless. I often wonder if women who think that way secretly do hope it happens to them.

There, something more to bash!

I know this is an old post, but I had to respond. I also realize (or hope) you were trying to make a point, however, you hit a VERY tender spot with this statement.

I have been raped, when I was 15. NO 15 year old "hopes" to be raped. In fact, no woman of any age that I know "hopes" for it. As I said, I really hope you were just trying to make a point, but understand that there are some people who have been through certain things and will take offence, no matter your intent.

Last edited:

eye95

I am so sorry that you had to read that, and even sorrier for the crime you suffered.

I normally am spared what that particular poster writes. That post was was racist, ill-informed, and insensitive.

InkdNPrcdAngl

I am so sorry that you had to read that, and even sorrier for the crime you suffered.

I normally am spared what that particular poster writes. That post was was racist, ill-informed, and insensitive.

Thank you eye95. That post just hit a VERY sour note with me, as I'm sure you understand. Along with being an advocate for OC, one of my greatest passions is being an advocate for rape/domestic abuse survivors. Why? I've been there. In fact, if you look at my holster or my gun safe, they each have a purple ribbon painted on them (the color for rape/domestic abuse survivors (along with teal)). My little way of putting two of my passions together.
Anyway, some people just don't have the filter in their brains to think of who they may offend I guess.