• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Security

killchain

imported post

kwiebe wrote:
killchain wrote:
Squeak wrote:
Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

So we're demanding the resignation of someone because of events that happened OUTSIDE of the country.

Where the Dept. of Homeland Security has no jurisdiction.

Please explain?

+1
Why are we calling for the resignation of a person who has no control over what happens outside of our boarders? The actual persons at fault are in Amsterdam who allowed a guy with no passport or luggage to board a US bound flight. J Nap had nothing to do with this, if anything she should be jumping down the throats of the Dutch authorities and typical lax European security for this issue. The system inside the US has worked, it is those out-side of our jurisdiction that failed.
Anything or anyone that is bound for the US comes under the jurisdiction of BOTH countries. More than 6 red flags were on this guy. Now, that, my friends IS the responsibility of Homeland Security. She failed her job miserably and needs to go. As for Obama, I think he is an evil man, but you cannot 'fire' him because of that or for being stupid. About the only thing on Bama is telling the world when we will pull our troops out of a country where we are fighting. Some say that is treason. I don't know. His grace perion is over. Start acting like The Commander in Chief.
So if a clerk in McDonald's steals money out of the till, do we fire the manager, even though they wrote a memo warning all employees not to steal money, and had the clerks trained on ethics and integrity?

Oh, and if it was at another McDonald's the manager wasn't in, but wrote the policy?

Napolitano is not personally frisking people in Amsterdam. Whether or not you like the job Napolitano are doing, Napolitano didn't cause this.

If anything, you should be demanding the Amsterdam's security chief's head or MORE SCRUTINY OF TSA EMPLOYEES.

Personally, it heats me to an extreme knowing that my wife has to submit to a fondling or an x-ray where some bottom of the barrel TSA piece of sh*t can see her naked body. This is why we don't fly anymore.
Thanks for posting your "analogy." It is now obvious that you know very little about the Christmas Day incident. And to suggest that a government official must be personally involved with any wrongdoing in order to be held responsible is the height of naivete.
Oh yeah, sure, not only did Napolitano condone it, but helped as well.

Give me a break. Some Nigerian, ilked on by some radical cleric in Yemen, talked him into wearing some exploding undies on a flight to New York from Amsterdam.

And I know that your lack of a rebuke, instead of "you don't know what you're talking about" means that I'm right. Try educating me instead of insulting.

kwiebe

imported post

killchain wrote:
kwiebe wrote:
killchain wrote:
Squeak wrote:
Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

So we're demanding the resignation of someone because of events that happened OUTSIDE of the country.

Please explain?

+1
Why are we calling for the resignation of a person who has no control over what happens outside of our boarders? The actual persons at fault are in Amsterdam who allowed a guy with no passport or luggage to board a US bound flight. J Nap had nothing to do with this, if anything she should be jumping down the throats of the Dutch authorities and typical lax European security for this issue. The system inside the US has worked, it is those out-side of our jurisdiction that failed.
Anything or anyone that is bound for the US comes under the jurisdiction of BOTH countries. More than 6 red flags were on this guy. Now, that, my friends IS the responsibility of Homeland Security. She failed her job miserably and needs to go. As for Obama, I think he is an evil man, but you cannot 'fire' him because of that or for being stupid. About the only thing on Bama is telling the world when we will pull our troops out of a country where we are fighting. Some say that is treason. I don't know. His grace perion is over. Start acting like The Commander in Chief.
So if a clerk in McDonald's steals money out of the till, do we fire the manager, even though they wrote a memo warning all employees not to steal money, and had the clerks trained on ethics and integrity?

Oh, and if it was at another McDonald's the manager wasn't in, but wrote the policy?

Napolitano is not personally frisking people in Amsterdam. Whether or not you like the job Napolitano are doing, Napolitano didn't cause this.

If anything, you should be demanding the Amsterdam's security chief's head or MORE SCRUTINY OF TSA EMPLOYEES.

Personally, it heats me to an extreme knowing that my wife has to submit to a fondling or an x-ray where some bottom of the barrel TSA piece of sh*t can see her naked body. This is why we don't fly anymore.
Thanks for posting your "analogy." It is now obvious that you know very little about the Christmas Day incident. And to suggest that a government official must be personally involved with any wrongdoing in order to be held responsible is the height of naivete.

Give me a break. Some Nigerian, ilked on by some radical cleric in Yemen, talked him into wearing some exploding undies on a flight to New York from Amsterdam.

And I know that your lack of a rebuke, instead of "you don't know what you're talking about" means that I'm right. Try educating me instead of insulting.
I've already mentioned, a few posts up, the fact that the US had intelligence information authorities should have acted on. You chose to ignore this point.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In the executive branch (enforcing laws) the heads of the organizations (cabinet positions) are responsible for writing the policy, enforcing the policy and executing the policy.

Other countries fly into the U.S. at our discretion. Specifically at the privledge of the TSA and the Sec. of Homeland Security. She has had 11 months to review, write, enforce and execute the flawless security of the United States.

It took the media a few hours to find out all the things we know about this terrorist. Father notified US officials, paid cash, no luggage, and more...

If the agency (TSA, DHS) fails at the writing, enforcing and execution of these matters then the head of those agencies need to be replaced and a tightening of the writing, enforcing and executing of all policies and laws need to be has ASAP!

"Everything worked..." is now the quote that Sec. DHS is associated with. The thousands of civil servants that are responsible for following her direction now will have low moral and that breeds more failure. This can not be tollerated by the citizens.

your analogy is ridiculous.... if an employee steals the manager will not be fired, now if the manager knows that the employee is stealing and ignores the policy then the manager will be fired as well!

killchain

imported post

kwiebe wrote:
killchain wrote:
kwiebe wrote:
killchain wrote:
Squeak wrote:
Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

Please explain?

+1

I've already mentioned, a few posts up, the fact that the US had intelligence information authorities should have acted on. You chose to ignore this point.
You've all chosen to ignore the point that just because some terrorist jumped security in another country that for some reason the Homeland Security chief should be fired.

The title of the position says it all... "Homeland Security." It happened in Amsterdam. Last time I checked, that's not the USA.

And, to further use my analogy, just because the clerk at Mickey D's didn't take your order right doesn't mean the manager should be fired. The clerk should be fired.

So, please... someone explain to me why Napolitano should step down and not the idiots who apparently knew about this and didn't act?

Why aren't they demanding to know where the administrator of Amsterdam's airport security's head is?

This is an obvious "let's get another liberal out of the white house" fight.

And don't misunderstand me. I'm not agreeing with or disagreeing with her. I just see this more as a political move than anything else.

And frankly, I'm getting sick of politics.

killchain

imported post

Some guy jumped security in Newark! Let's fire the governor!

...or maybe we should start firing these TSA employees who either don't do their jobs or have a hitler hard-on for accusing grannies of being suicide bombers?

Is this getting through yet?

kwiebe

imported post

killchain wrote
You've all chosen to ignore the point that just because some terrorist jumped security in another country that for some reason the Homeland Security chief should be fired.

The title of the position says it all... "Homeland Security." It happened in Amsterdam. Last time I checked, that's not the USA.

And, to further use my analogy, just because the clerk at Mickey D's didn't take your order right doesn't mean the manager should be fired. The clerk should be fired.

So, please... someone explain to me why Napolitano should step down and not the idiots who apparently knew about this and didn't act?

Why aren't they demanding to know where the administrator of Amsterdam's airport security's head is?

This is an obvious "let's get another liberal out of the white house" fight.

And don't misunderstand me. I'm not agreeing with or disagreeing with her. I just see this more as a political move than anything else.

And frankly, I'm getting sick of politics.
You seem to be the one ignoring facts and focusing on politics. At least three separate posters in this thread have pointed out why the blame needs to be attached to the DHS, and why the dept head is ultimately responsible. I would say this regardless of who is heading up the dept., as would many other people. The mission of DHS isn't "...to protect the US from attacks as long as the attacker doesn't come from another country..."

Like gogodawgs said, your analogy is ridiculous.

Maybe I could see some scrutiny toward the Amsterdam airport if the terrorist had a visible bomb strapped on his back. But he didn't, and they AREN'T EQUIPPED WITH THE SCANNER THAT CAN DETECT THE STUFF THERE.

Is any of this getting through? Obviously not.

Squeak

imported post

kwiebe and gogo, I've had with killchain. You can try to pound some info into his head if you want. I have better things to discuss. Good posts.:banghead:

jbone

imported post

Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

Please explain?

+1
Her statement "The system worked" (who's system was she speaking of? the radicals system of killing us?) is enough for my,not to mention the24 yrs I served to be labeled an "Extremists". Boot her ass out!!!