• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Security

amzbrady

imported post

Squeak wrote:
I just finished contacting both senators and congressman asking them to join with senators across the nation, D & R, to ask for Napolitano's resignation immediately, before it is too late. I challenge ALL to follow suit. They have a form letter to send by e-

mail.http://cantwell.senate.gov/contact/index.cfmhttp://www.house.gov/dicks/email.shtmlhttp://murray.senate.gov/email/
Do you have one asking for Gov. Gargoyles resignation?

Metalhead47

imported post

For both terms as Arizona governor all this woman did was to do everything in her power to make the state's borders as porous as possible, vetoed every piece of legislation from the state legislators and the people that crossed her desk (even the ones McCain endorsed!), and did absolutely nothing to even attempt to stem the tide of illegals flowing into the state. And then that fool in the White House makes her Directress of Homeland Security?!? Is it any wonder she's a complete and utter failure? No, probably not. This is the same fool who put a known tax cheat in charge of the treasury.

Squeak

imported post

killchain wrote:
So why are we demanding their resignation?
We want J Nap to resign. She is the homeland security director. Through her incompetence, the panty bomber got on board and nearly succeeded in taking down a plane.

amlevin

imported post

So we get her resignation. Then what? Obama then appoints another of his crony/supporters and the cycle goes on. Why not call for Obama's resignation? He appointed this fool and is supposed to be responsible for everything that happens "on his watch".

Something tells me that neither is going to happen soon.

Phoenix David

imported post

To the OP:

That was a mean trick with your thread title, I had thought for a minute that Janbo had resigned but then i read the thread and I was a sad panda. :cry:

Metalhead47

imported post

amlevin wrote:
So we get her resignation. Then what? Obama then appoints another of his crony/supporters and the cycle goes on. Why not call for Obama's resignation? He appointed this fool and is supposed to be responsible for everything that happens "on his watch".

Such is the nature of politics. Even a small victory is still a victory. The fact that even some dems are calling for her to step down means we might be able to win this one. We all know he won't step down any time soon. And every little win for our side is one more black mark on his record to throw against him in 2012, while disrupting his plans now. Call it guerrilla politics.

kwiebe

imported post

Let's also not forget that this buffoon was the one who labeled patriotic Americans expressing their rights as "right wing extremists."

Typical Obama employee though. I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya.

"The system worked" :banghead:

killchain

imported post

Squeak wrote:
killchain wrote:
So why are we demanding their resignation?
We want J Nap to resign. She is the homeland security director. Through her incompetence, the panty bomber got on board and nearly succeeded in taking down a plane.

So we're demanding the resignation of someone because of events that happened OUTSIDE of the country.

Where the Dept. of Homeland Security has no jurisdiction.

Please explain?

amzbrady

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Why not call for Obama's resignation? He appointed this fool and is supposed to be responsible for everything that happens "on his watch".

I'm in.

kwiebe

imported post

IMO it was her response ("the system worked") plus, the fact that there was intelligence on the guy (his own father reported him) - that was ignored or not processed correctly.

The fact that he boarded a plane outside the country has little to do with it, considering the US and international effort post-911 that supposedly put in place many safeguards that this guy just walked right through unimpeded. She gets no "pass" from me merely because he boarded a plane outside the US.

Vandal

imported post

killchain wrote:

So we're demanding the resignation of  someone because of events that happened OUTSIDE of the country.

Please explain?

+1
Why are we calling for the resignation of a person who has no control over what happens outside of our boarders? The actual persons at fault are in Amsterdam who allowed a guy with no passport or luggage to board a US bound flight. J Nap had nothing to do with this, if anything she should be jumping down the throats of the Dutch authorities and typical lax European security for this issue. The system inside the US has worked, it is those out-side of our jurisdiction that failed.

kwiebe

imported post

Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

So we're demanding the resignation of someone because of events that happened OUTSIDE of the country.

Please explain?

+1
Why are we calling for the resignation of a person who has no control over what happens outside of our boarders? The actual persons at fault are in Amsterdam who allowed a guy with no passport or luggage to board a US bound flight. J Nap had nothing to do with this, if anything she should be jumping down the throats of the Dutch authorities and typical lax European security for this issue. The system inside the US has worked, it is those out-side of our jurisdiction that failed.
The "system" that was put in place post-911 did NOT work. The system for sharing information internationally and intra-US agency failed miserably. You are aware that actions taken post-911 were supposed to impact beyond US borders, correct?

Just because the perpetrator physically boarded an aircraft outside the US does not mean the US should have been powerless to protect itself against his actions. In fact, I would say that the US failed more than the Europeans in this regard.

You seem to be focusing on the materials in his pants rather than the person himself, who shouldn't have been allowed on an airplane, period - regardless of what might have been sewn into his underwear.

The security theory is that we stand a lot better chance of screening individuals internationally by intelligence vs. getting foreign airports to install expensive scanning equipment (at least currently). And that system failed miserably. How were the Europeans supposed to detect the materials in his pants?

Squeak

imported post

Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

Please explain?

+1
Anything or anyone that is bound for the US comes under the jurisdiction of BOTH countries. More than 6 red flags were on this guy. Now, that, my friends IS the responsibility of Homeland Security. She failed her job miserably and needs to go. As for Obama, I think he is an evil man, but you cannot 'fire' him because of that or for being stupid. About the only thing on Bama is telling the world when we will pull our troops out of a country where we are fighting. Some say that is treason. I don't know. His grace perion is over. Start acting like The Commander in Chief.

Squeak

imported post

The material in his pants has been around for some time. It's primary function is to bring down planes. It was used in the 80's and 90's, I believe. There is a company right here in WA that has the ability to detect that material. Boeing paid a lot of money to help develop the technique, so the technology is there but the powers to be like to 'pat down'.

Squeak

imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
To the OP:

That was a mean trick with your thread title, I had thought for a minute that Janbo had resigned but then i read the thread and I was a sad panda. :cry:
Sorrrrry man. I feel your pain!

killchain

imported post

Squeak wrote:
Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

Please explain?

+1
Anything or anyone that is bound for the US comes under the jurisdiction of BOTH countries. More than 6 red flags were on this guy. Now, that, my friends IS the responsibility of Homeland Security. She failed her job miserably and needs to go. As for Obama, I think he is an evil man, but you cannot 'fire' him because of that or for being stupid. About the only thing on Bama is telling the world when we will pull our troops out of a country where we are fighting. Some say that is treason. I don't know. His grace perion is over. Start acting like The Commander in Chief.
So if a clerk in McDonald's steals money out of the till, do we fire the manager, even though they wrote a memo warning all employees not to steal money, and had the clerks trained on ethics and integrity?

Oh, and if it was at another McDonald's the manager wasn't in, but wrote the policy?

Napolitano is not personally frisking people in Amsterdam. Whether or not you like the job Napolitano are doing, Napolitano didn't cause this.

If anything, you should be demanding the Amsterdam's security chief's head or MORE SCRUTINY OF TSA EMPLOYEES.

Personally, it heats me to an extreme knowing that my wife has to submit to a fondling or an x-ray where some bottom of the barrel TSA piece of sh*t can see her naked body. This is why we don't fly anymore.

kwiebe

imported post

killchain wrote:
Squeak wrote:
Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

Please explain?

+1
So if a clerk in McDonald's steals money out of the till, do we fire the manager, even though they wrote a memo warning all employees not to steal money, and had the clerks trained on ethics and integrity?

Oh, and if it was at another McDonald's the manager wasn't in, but wrote the policy?

Napolitano is not personally frisking people in Amsterdam. Whether or not you like the job Napolitano are doing, Napolitano didn't cause this.

If anything, you should be demanding the Amsterdam's security chief's head or MORE SCRUTINY OF TSA EMPLOYEES.

Personally, it heats me to an extreme knowing that my wife has to submit to a fondling or an x-ray where some bottom of the barrel TSA piece of sh*t can see her naked body. This is why we don't fly anymore.
Thanks for posting your "analogy." It is now obvious that you know very little about the Christmas Day incident. And to suggest that a government official must be personally involved with any wrongdoing in order to be held responsible is the height of naivete.

killchain

imported post

kwiebe wrote:
killchain wrote:
Squeak wrote:
Vandal wrote:
killchain wrote:

Please explain?

+1

Thanks for posting your "analogy." It is now obvious that you know very little about the Christmas Day incident. And to suggest that a government official must be personally involved with any wrongdoing in order to be held responsible is the height of naivete.
Oh yeah, sure, not only did Napolitano condone it, but helped as well.

Give me a break. Some Nigerian, ilked on by some radical cleric in Yemen, talked him into wearing some exploding undies on a flight to New York from Amsterdam.

And I know that your lack of a rebuke, instead of "you don't know what you're talking about" means that I'm right. Try educating me instead of insulting.