• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns Took a Toll in 2009

45acpForMe

imported post

I don't buy the paper but found a free one in my driveway this morning.

The front page is a Gun article showing homicides on the peninsula for 2009. They state some statistics like 60% of the crimes are unsolved. That number tells me that there are murderers walking among us and I should arm myself. That number also seem lower to me than it is because some of the other murders were easily solved like a murder/suicide and a father killing his infant daughter.

The talk about the vast majority of the murders were performed by a person with a handgun. This article doesn't sound 100% anti but I found it odd that the one (free) paper I get a year would have a front page article about gun deaths. It also looks like a picture of a Sig Sauer on the front page too. :)

Here is the online version: http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_homicides_0102jan02,0,3632110.story

2a4all

imported post

I was shocked to see the D/Pheadline this am!

I immediately confronted all of my guns and demanded that they 'fess up to any involvement in these terrible acts. Not a single one spoke up! I wonder if they are aware of their right to exist under 2A, but refuse to incrimniate themselves under 5A. Maybe they're just being ornery because I keep them locked up in a dark safe, or they're jealous of the one I carry with me.

Maybe we need to invite Mssr's Solomon & Gates, along with Mme Deitrich to an OCDO, so that can see first hand how well-behaved properly nurtured firearms can be.

My apologies to My Garand. He's very quiet about his past activity. He was born in April 1945, and likely has seen a share of gun violence (in defense of his homeland, no less).In 1950 he volunteeredfor the Navy's SmallArmsConversion to NATO program, and hadan insert shoved into his chamber to reduce his caliber from 30-06 to 308, so maybe that's the real reason he doesn't speak up any more. :shock:

apollosmom

imported post

Time to toot my horn, yours truly (DailyPravdaFactChecker) :lol:was first in line with my comment this morning. Walked the dogs early and saw the front page picture and gasp, headlines, and knew it would be one of those days. To make up for it though, attended the show in Va Beach...VCDL crew had a good spot on the back wall! Was really pleased to see the show was packed with all of us that Janet N loves to loath. Ammo finally available for less than an arm and leg (thanks GA Ammo), but surprised to see firearms pricing still stiff as the wind!